Respected Contributor

Smells Like Fall at our House!

Made the season's first apple crisp and a loaf of banana bread - yum!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Smells Like Fall at our House!

It's still well over 100 degrees here so if I wait till fall for goodies I'll be waiting until Thanksgiving. So I went ahead and made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies last week. 

Esteemed Contributor

don't feel like baking....so i lit an apple/pumpkin candle!!  

Honored Contributor

I just made a pan of brownies, not a fall flavor, but the kitchen smells chocolately good. 🥰

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Made oatmeal cookies with raisins and chocolate ships so with a bit of cinnamon in them I am goingto say it smells a bit like fall in our home too.

Robot Happy

Super Contributor

Yesterday, I made a zuchinni spice cake (no icing needed) from the zuchinni from our garden.  It reminds me of fall..........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Everything sounds so good. I haven't given much thought to baking. I will be making an apple & cinnamon breakfast dish that was mentioned on the boards. It's made with Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, apple pie filling and chopped nuts. Don't think I can mess up a three ingredient recipe.

Super Contributor

@AuntG   Please share exact recipe as it sounds very good & easy to make.

Honored Contributor

I've been mixing in apple sauce and cinnamon into my quick microwave biscuits lately.  And a few weeks ago I made a sweet potato/blackbean soup.

I am all a-tingle! 

Honored Contributor

Fall and fall food are my absolute favorite.  But this week I guess I am doing my last summer Hurrah.  Last Sat., Walmart shopping they had a family size vanilla pound/loaf cake that expired that day on sale for $1.88.  Sat. night is my once per week only one slice of pizza so I thought Strawberry shortcake.  Sliced up the loaf and put in the freezer with the cool whip and frozen strawberries I bought.  Every night since Sat. I have a bit.  Not sick of yet.  But pumpkin and apples are on my mind

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."