Honored Contributor

Awhile back I posted that I got my first slow cooker. I have used it a few times and have been happy with the results. Now, yesterday, I put 3 chicken breasts in the cooker, I seasoned them with chili and garlic powder and then dumped a large container of salsa on top. I cooked it on low foe 8 hours, and then shredded the chicken. It makes great tacos, and I plan to use it for enchiladas and quesadillas. It's pretty versatile for a dump dinner.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Happy that worked out for you @QVCkitty1 !

I made my first crock pot chicken this week. (Usually do beef.) The recipe called for soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic & sweet basil.

I had just used up my soy sauce for a stir fy, but I already thawed the chicken thighs. So I improvised with Dinosaur bar-b-cue sauce, et.al. It was wonderful!

I usually leave the slow cooker on overnight, since I like my main meal for lunch. Mine was more than 8 hours, but things always turn out very well.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for this recipe..Put it together this AM cook for 8 hours    the only thing I added was I put a large sprinkling of the geen hatch chili in jar over it all  We like hot and spicy. This will make a few meals for us as just the two of us...I do make my own enchilada sauce with string of red hatch chies alot but now in older years looking for easy and this meets that criteria     THANHS

Honored Contributor

@SPICY wrote:

Thanks for this recipe..Put it together this AM cook for 8 hours    the only thing I added was I put a large sprinkling of the geen hatch chili in jar over it all  We like hot and spicy. This will make a few meals for us as just the two of us...I do make my own enchilada sauce with string of red hatch chies alot but now in older years looking for easy and this meets that criteria     THANHS

@SPICY ,  I think you'll  like it , the chicken shredded easily, and it makes a great filling. I love easy !🌮🌮

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I just wanted to add another suggestion, I piled the filling in a hard roll, and it made a great sandwich. There are so many uses for this filling !

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 This sounds like an easy recipe that could be utilized in numerous ways.  Thanks for sharing as I also enjoy a good dump cake, have you tried those?

Honored Contributor

I'm still afraid to leave slow cookers on when I'm gone or overnight.  Funny, turning on the dishwasher and walking out the door doesn't bother me.  I guess I'm afraid of fires but not floods.