Honored Contributor

Slow-Cooker White Chicken Chili (Pioneer Woman)

1D4DE3DF-A033-433C-8058-5DC973C79C07.jpeg

YIELDS: 4 - 6 servings
PREP TIME: 0 hours 20 mins
TOTAL TIME: 7 hours 50 mins

Ingredients

skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1 tbsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. ground coriander
2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp. kosher salt

Black pepper, to taste

15-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
4-ounce cans chopped green chiles
garlic cloves, minced
2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 c. heavy cream
2 tbsp. masa harina
10-ounce bag frozen corn

Grated Monterey Jack cheese and chopped avocado, for topping

Lime wedges, for serving

Directions

1. Put the chicken breasts in a 6- to 8-quart slow cooker. Mix the cumin, coriander, oregano, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and a few grinds of pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle the spices over the chicken.
  2. Add the beans, green chiles, garlic and chicken broth to the slow cooker and stir it all around. Cover and cook on low until the chicken is cooked through and easy to shred, 7 to 8 hours.
  3. Remove the chicken to a medium bowl and shred with two forks.
  4. Combine the heavy cream and masa harina in a small bowl. Mix until smooth.
  5. Return the chicken to the slow cooker along with the masa mixture and corn. Cover and cook until the chili is thickened and the corn is warmed through, about 30 minutes. Ladle the chili into bowls and top with cheese and avocado. Serve with lime wedges.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Slow-Cooker White Chicken Chili (Pioneer Woman)

😋 Thanks @Chi-town girl  

Trusted Contributor

Sounds very good but what is masa harina?

Regular Contributor

@isaboo I believe masa harina is corn flour.  I've seen it mentioned in recipes for tortillas.

Super Contributor

@Chi-town girl  I wanted thank you for posting this recipe!  Had all the ingredients and threw this together today.  The house is starting to smell so good 😊. Can't wait to have it. Thanks!  (The weather is perfect today as well 🍁)

Honored Contributor

@RooRoo wrote:

@Chi-town girl  I wanted thank you for posting this recipe!  Had all the ingredients and threw this together today.  The house is starting to smell so good 😊. Can't wait to have it. Thanks!  (The weather is perfect today as well 🍁)

@RooRoo - how did it turn out? 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

@Chi-town girl  I made it exactly as the recipe stated and it was terrific!  It's just the two of us and it made plenty.  Was going to make half but glad I didn't, we had enough for the next day's meal.  I will definitely make this again.  Thanks again Heart

Honored Contributor

@RooRoo wrote:

@Chi-town girl  I made it exactly as the recipe stated and it was terrific!  It's just the two of us and it made plenty.  Was going to make half but glad I didn't, we had enough for the next day's meal.  I will definitely make this again.  Thanks again Heart

@RooRoo - thank you for your review, glad it's a winner 😊