Honored Contributor

Re: Slow Cooker Stuffing, Eggs?

@LTT1 wrote:

@Noel7

I will look at the recipes in a bit.

My mom used Pepperidge Farm seasoned stuffing. This is the flavor I associate with turkey at Thanksgiving.

Thank you for the cute wishbone picture!

Are you going to eat all of this type food tomorrow? 

Did you fully recover from the flu?

Hoping you are well!

@LTT1,LOVE Pepperadge Farm!  Perfect always and easy!

@Noel7Sorry you've been under the weather.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@Noel7

My mom used Pepperidge Farm seasoned stuffing. This is the flavor I associate with turkey at Thanksgiving.

Hoping you are well!

Hi @LTT1

My doctor told me it would be at least three more weeks before I am past the Type B respiratory flu.  I think it's about two weeks so far and I still have really loud and deep coughing spells, lovely, but I feel much stronger, thank you for asking Woman Happy

We are having a classic Turkey Day dinner at home tomorrow, just the three of us.  I don't eat big meals so I am not worried I will over-indulge.

A turkey breast done in our new Breville oven to test it out, my mom's gravy which DH makes, the stuffing, my cranberry sauce, olives, and a big mixed greens salad with crumbled Gorgonzola, TJoes orange cranberries, TJoes dried soft tangerine pieces, and pecans.  DD says she wants to make a pecan pie, so that, too, if she has enough time.

How about you?

Honored Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

Dont be afraid. Southern dressing has eggs. They are  a binder and do not  get scrambled. You add broth and eggs and it's like making a cake. Delicious.

Thanks @birkin baby  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I always use milk and eggs in my stuffing..never any of that boxed chicken broth.  It turns out delicious and everyone asks for my recipe ( my mother’s actually)

Hi @Carmie  Now that's really different!  Does it become kind of a solid like the one @momtochloe mentioned?

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Tee hee @Noel7 thank goodness your friend Betty is so helpful as I have saved this recipe too.  For Thanksgiving I bought a small, two pound 1/2 turkey breast and thanks to the Gods of Cooking a website sent me the perfect recipe for cooking it along with stuffing and roasting veggies . . . I am so ready for tomorrow.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful time tomorrow!

@momtochloe

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE share your recipe for the turkey breast.  I've never made one before.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Noel7

Hoping you are well!

@LTT1,LOVE Pepperadge Farm!  Perfect always and easy!

@Noel7Sorry you've been under the weather.

Thank you @ECBG !

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Tee hee @Noel7 thank goodness your friend Betty is so helpful as I have saved this recipe too.  For Thanksgiving I bought a small, two pound 1/2 turkey breast and thanks to the Gods of Cooking a website sent me the perfect recipe for cooking it along with stuffing and roasting veggies . . . I am so ready for tomorrow.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful time tomorrow!

@momtochloe

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE share your recipe for the turkey breast.  I've never made one before.

@Noel7 first of all I didn't know you were under the weather.  I hope you are feeling better tomorrow and enjoy the day and your family.

This is the recipe I received this morning.  It works great for me as I bought a two pound, bone in 1/2 turkey breast from Trader Joe's and was wondering how to cook everything and hopefully not dry it out (I will be swapping out their stuffing for my TJ stuffing):

https://damndelicious.net/2017/11/20/sheet-pan-herb-roasted-turkey-and-cranberry-pecan-stuffing/

Here is another one that is strictly for roasting the turkey:

http://www.cooks.com/recipe/p38nz792/roast-half-or-quarter-turkey.html

Honored Contributor

Thank you @momtochloe !

I was in the hospital for five days.  A combination of the ash and particles in the air from the northern CA fires (our area was hit hard by the ash and particles) a serious asthma reaction AND Type B respiratory flu, tested.  A perfect storm!

No one could visit me, I was in a contagious room, getting about a dozen respiratory treatments a day.  I had nurses and respiratory experts with me most of the time and they were wonderful.  Now I have my own Nebulizer machine at home to help with recovery.  Woop dee doo Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Noel7.   I got this recipe from the Sunday supplement to our newspaper. On "turkey" holidays I make it without the chicken and cook a turkey breast. Everyone who has eaten it is crazy about it. Even when I'm visiting family out of town, they insist I make my dressing. The temp of the crockpot is hot enough to kill any bacteria. The eggs are not discernible in the finished product but they thicken it. Its similar in texture to the dressing served in cafeterias in the South.  With the chicken, it makes a great, easy meal when you crave dressing.

Crockpot Dressing

1 whole chicken, cooked, boned and chopped
1 6oz pkg stuffing mix
1 large onion chopped
1 cup chopped celery
3 eggs beaten
1 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
2 cups chicken broth
1-1 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/ 4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp butter cut in small pieces

Grease crockpot.  Combine all ingredients, top with butter.  Cook covered on high 3 hrs.  Do not remove lid during cooking.  Serves 10

I usually add a chopped apple

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Noel7@momtochloe@ECBG@Carmie@birkin baby

Here is my recipe for Oyster Stuffing (well, Helen Corbett’s recipe). The last line should say “cook until oysters start to curl.”

The oysters/spices I then add to Pepperidge Farm stuffing that is already made up.

65605C24-9F87-46CC-88F4-64073D1960EA.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~