Respected Contributor

Re: Slow Cooker STUFFED PEPPERS .... SO Good!! Great Comfort Food!

@ciao_bella Thanks, sounds delicious.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

Thank you @ciao_bella !

I have been craving stuffed peppers for a while but didn't want to go through the old fashioned process, love this!

Do you have the site where you found the recipe, I'd like to print it out.  I found a similar recipe on Eating on a Dime but with some changes.

@rockygems123     @ciao_bella 

If you go to the recipe and look to the right of the subject line, you will see 3 little light colored dots.  Click on them and you will see PRINT (I think it's the 4th one down).  Click on print and make your selection.  I use a 3-ring notebook for a lot of my recipes so this works great for me.  Happy cooking...

I'm planning to make this recipe too.  I recently purchased a CrockPot in a rectangular shape and have used it a few to several times a week since October.  Love it!

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ciao_bella , I guess I'd consider it older, I'll keep an eye on it.  I still use it for many recipes, and seems fine...but use high setting.  Thank you 🙂

I never put un-cooked rice into a recipe...I hope it cooks thoroughly. 

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@ciao_bella , I guess I'd consider it older, I'll keep an eye on it.  I still use it for many recipes, and seems fine...but use high setting.  Thank you 🙂

I never put un-cooked rice into a recipe...I hope it cooks thoroughly. 

@Dazlin The rice definitely cooks, but since you're using one of the older crockpots, I would definitely taste to see if it's cooked through.  I read somewhere where the older models do not heat as high as the newer slow cookers.  You might have to adjust the timing.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

Thank you @ciao_bella !

I have been craving stuffed peppers for a while but didn't want to go through the old fashioned process, love this!

Do you have the site where you found the recipe, I'd like to print it out.  I found a similar recipe on Eating on a Dime but with some changes.

If you go to the recipe and look to the right of the subject line, you will see 3 little light colored dots.  Click on them and you will see PRINT (I think it's the 4th one down).  Click on print and make your selection.  I use a 3-ring notebook for a lot of my recipes so this works great for me.  Happy cooking...

I'm planning to make this recipe too.  I recently purchased a CrockPot in a rectangular shape and have used it a few to several times aI week since October.  Love it!

I didn't know they made them in a 'rectangular shape."  I have the oval shaped one. 

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella , will do!!!   Thank you so much!!

Respected Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

Thank you @ciao_bella !

I'm planning to make this recipe too.  I recently purchased a CrockPot in a rectangular shape and have used it a few to several times a week since October.  Love it!

@AnikaBrodie 

Thank you for that info, had never noticed that we can print from a forum post! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Rotel-Tomatoes now come in "mild"

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

I make stuffed peppers the traditional way, but yesterday I decided to try a recipe that was different, but not that different!  lol  It came out soooo delicious and much tastier than traditional stuffed peppers.  It was the use of ROTEL that made the difference.  Now, don't think of Rotel as HOT, because in this recipe it doesn't get hot or real spicy....just GOOD tasting.  So, if you'd like to try this recipe, here it is to share: 

CROCKPOT STUFFED PEPPERS - DELICIOUS!

Stuffed-Peppers-9.jpg

• 5-6 Large Bell Peppers Any Color or more peppers if peppers are smaller in size
  • 1 ½ Pounds Lean Ground Beef
  • ½ Cup Regular White Rice Uncooked (use regular rice, NOT instant or parboiled)
  • 1 large Onion Finely Diced
  • 2 Tsp Garlic Minced (about 2 large cloves) I used 1 Tblsp of jared minced garlic in oil) 
  • 2 Cans ROTEL Tomatoes with Green Chiles 10 Ounces Each, liquid divided as noted below.
  • 1  6 Ounce Can Tomato Paste
  • ¼ Cup Brown Sugar Packed (could use Splenda Brown Sugar or Truvia Brown sugar if watching your sugar) 
  • 1 Cup Chicken Broth (I use the Better than Bullion)
  • 1 Teaspoon Salt
  • ½ Teaspoon BLACK Pepper
  • ½ teaspoon SMOKED Paprika (I gave a few good shakes) 

• Cut off pepper tops and remove seeds/ribs.
  • In a large bowl, combine ground beef, rice, onion, garlic, salt,and pepper and smoked paprika. Stir in ONE  DRAINED can of tomatoes with green chiles, BUT (Reserve that liquid in another bowl).
  • NEXT
  •  
  • Evenly stuff peppers and place in slow cooker.
  • In a medium bowl mix reserved liquid, the 2nd can of tomatoes with green chiles, broth,tomato paste, and brown sugar. Pour over peppers.
  • Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.  (I cooked it for 4 ½ hours and that was more than enough time.  Probably 4 hours would have been good as well.)  

• This was absolutely DELICIOUS!  There is extra sauce in the slow cooker to spoon over the top of each pepper when serving.    Serve with a salad and crusty Italian bread

@ciao_bella  and everyone

I made this recipe for supper on Tuesday and it was really good.  I used 3 large green peppers and halved the recipe.  The only change was Weis mild diced tomatoes with chiles (I live in PA).  The chiles are not spicy at all but add flavor to the dish.  I will make it again and add about 1/2 cup of long grain white rice.  I cooked it on high in my Crock-Pot for 4 hours  but think 3 1/2 hours would be enough so will try that the next time.  I'll serve it with garlic mashed potatoes and apple sauce or tossed salad.

I like to try new recipes and recommend this one.  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

I make stuffed peppers the traditional way, but yesterday I decided to try a recipe that was different, but not that different!  lol  It came out soooo delicious and much tastier than traditional stuffed peppers.  It was the use of ROTEL that made the difference.  Now, don't think of Rotel as HOT, because in this recipe it doesn't get hot or real spicy....just GOOD tasting.  So, if you'd like to try this recipe, here it is to share: 

CROCKPOT STUFFED PEPPERS - DELICIOUS!

Stuffed-Peppers-9.jpg

• 5-6 Large Bell Peppers Any Color or more peppers if peppers are smaller in size
  • 1 ½ Pounds Lean Ground Beef
  • ½ Cup Regular White Rice Uncooked (use regular rice, NOT instant or parboiled)
  • 1 large Onion Finely Diced
  • 2 Tsp Garlic Minced (about 2 large cloves) I used 1 Tblsp of jared minced garlic in oil) 
  • 2 Cans ROTEL Tomatoes with Green Chiles 10 Ounces Each, liquid divided as noted below.
  • 1  6 Ounce Can Tomato Paste
  • ¼ Cup Brown Sugar Packed (could use Splenda Brown Sugar or Truvia Brown sugar if watching your sugar) 
  • 1 Cup Chicken Broth (I use the Better than Bullion)
  • 1 Teaspoon Salt
  • ½ Teaspoon BLACK Pepper
  • ½ teaspoon SMOKED Paprika (I gave a few good shakes) 

• Cut off pepper tops and remove seeds/ribs.
  • In a large bowl, combine ground beef, rice, onion, garlic, salt,and pepper and smoked paprika. Stir in ONE  DRAINED can of tomatoes with green chiles, BUT (Reserve that liquid in another bowl).
  • NEXT
  •  
  • Evenly stuff peppers and place in slow cooker.
  • In a medium bowl mix reserved liquid, the 2nd can of tomatoes with green chiles, broth,tomato paste, and brown sugar. Pour over peppers.
  • Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.  (I cooked it for 4 ½ hours and that was more than enough time.  Probably 4 hours would have been good as well.)  

• This was absolutely DELICIOUS!  There is extra sauce in the slow cooker to spoon over the top of each pepper when serving.    Serve with a salad and crusty Italian bread

@ciao_bella  and everyone

I made this recipe for supper on Tuesday and it was really good.  I used 3 large green peppers and halved the recipe.  The only change was Weis mild diced tomatoes with chiles (I live in PA).  The chiles are not spicy at all but add flavor to the dish.  I will make it again and add about 1/2 cup of long grain white rice.  I cooked it on high in my Crock-Pot for 4 hours  but think 3 1/2 hours would be enough so will try that the next time.  I'll serve it with garlic mashed potatoes and apple sauce or tossed salad.

I like to try new recipes and recommend this one.  Smiley Happy

@AnikaBrodie  Thanks so much for the nice review on my recipe.  I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as we do.