Super Contributor

Re: Slow Cooker Chocolate Candy

I had never heard of almond bark. I looked it up, and there seem to be two definitions. One kind sounds like white chocolate, used for dipping and covering; the other is a textured, finished product with nuts on top.

I presume this recipe ingredient is the first of the two kinds?

Super Contributor

On 12/9/2014 LDOlvr said:

I am not sure she can claim ownership to this recipe. I've seen it many times on the internet.

I'm not sure she claimed ownership. But she did share this recipe.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know it was a recipe. I just started doing it with the white almond bark and nuts years ago. I prefer white chocolate.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

On 12/9/2014 Clover29 said:

I had never heard of almond bark. I looked it up, and there seem to be two definitions. One kind sounds like white chocolate, used for dipping and covering; the other is a textured, finished product with nuts on top.

I presume this recipe ingredient is the first of the two kinds?

I would say it is white chocolate used for melting, dipping, covering

Trusted Contributor

Seems to me that it would be a mess cleaning up that slow cooker! I do this same thing using the microwave - much easier and quicker!! I just melt 6 oz choc chips - 1 min on high will do it. Stir well so that all the choc is smooth. Stir in 6 TB chopped pecans, 6 TB slivered almonds, 6 TB dried cranberries. Spread out on waxed paper, let cool and solidify. Break into bite-sized pieces and store (I keep it in the frig).

Honored Contributor

This is about 4-5 times in the last couple of weeks this same recipe has been shared on this site. I've made it and it is delicious, I put it into the mini muffin liners and it made 100.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

This sounds really good. I would also try a version of leaving out the while almond bark and adding some caramel, making those turtles. I, too, dont know why you would leave it for 3 hrs in the slow cooker, except for the convenience of it. I would probably stick it in the oven on low heat until it melts. This sounds easy enough and is a must try. Thanks for sharing.
Respected Contributor

dp
Respected Contributor

dp
Honored Contributor

On 12/9/2014 Nightowlz said:

Do you think it would work the same by dropping by spoonful onto wax paper instead of trying to dip it into those little paper liners. When I make them I do it in the microwave & just drop onto wax paper.

Smile

I don't even bother "dropping" it. I pour it out onto waxed paper and make sure it's all the same thickness, let cool, then break it up into pieces.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment