Trusted Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I tried this last night for a quick Sunday night supper.  DH liked it and its going on the repeat list.  I checked back on your posts by clicking on your name and I'm sure I will find some more recipes to try.   I switched computers about two years ago and did not import old content so I lost all those bookmarked recipes.  You don't know how much this cheers me up in this bleak stay at home winter.  

Hi @depglass 

Lilbitmissty has shared sooooo many great recipes for many years!  I hope she is aware how much she is loved and appreciated by users and posters on this board.  

Just type "Lilbitmissty" in the search box at the top right of this page to review her recipe contributions.  You should be cheery well past winter!Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@LilBitMissty wrote:

Skillet  Beef Burrito

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
15 oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup Pace salsa
1 cup water
4 flour tortillas, cut into 1" squares
1 cup shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
1/3 cup sliced green onion
sour cream

Brown meat in a large skillet on medium-high heat; drain.

Add seasoning mix, beans, salsa and water. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer 5 minutes.

Stir in tortillas, top with cheese. Cover, and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions.

Add toppings you like (diced tomato, shredded lettuce, olives etc)

Serve with sour cream 

This sounds very good, and I wish I had some right now. 

Super Contributor

My kids always complained about eating beans, so I puree them with a bit of their liquid and stir that into the beef/seasoning mixture.  No one know the difference, and I've streched the meat with additional protein! 

Trusted Contributor

@Boomernichols ... You are most welcome!  Yes it is so much simpler! Great time saver! Hope you try it.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG...Hi dear one...always good to see you/  Thats so good that your GS is learning to cook at his age. Hopre he   trys this. Let me know how it goes.

Trusted Contributor

@depglass.. Hi sweetie. So glad you tried it. Happy to know your DH likes it!  If you go to the the search form and blog box on the top right, and type in lilbitmissty recipes, alot will pop up. A couple times over the years there were threads with my recipes made.  I hate switching pc's as I always seem to lose files. I learned the hard way. now I back up files on a flashdrive. Like they say..an ounce of prevention. Let me know if you find them ok.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Lilbitmissty, I'm finding them.  I'll probably write some out on paper, I have never lost my cache of hand written recipes.  I never have forwarded contents on old computers because most of it is an absolute mess.  Recipes and photos are the only important thing.  We have also gone back to paper photos in our house. 

Trusted Contributor

What an easy recipe when you don't feel like fussing! The only change I made was to use brown rice tortillas since I have celiac disease. House smelled fabulous and the 2 of us darn near ate the whole thing at one sitting. Will definitely make this again!  Thanks for sharing! @LilBitMissty 

Trusted Contributor

@depglass....Hi dear. You are most welcome. I agree with you about things on paper...BUT I learned the hard way with recipes..have a way to back them up. I meant to tell you..I am really glad to see you! Hope all is going well for you.

Trusted Contributor

@2zbeach... LOL..So glad to hear the 2 of you liked it!  Brown rice sounds good with it too! Thanks so much for the feedback!