1 package taco seasoning mix
15 oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup Pace salsa
1 cup water
4 flour tortillas, cut into 1" squares
1 cup shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
1/3 cup sliced green onion
sour cream

Brown meat in a large skillet on medium-high heat; drain.

Add seasoning mix, beans, salsa and water. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer 5 minutes.

Stir in tortillas, top with cheese. Cover, and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions.

Add toppings you like (diced tomato, shredded lettuce, olives etc)

Serve with sour cream 

Frequent Contributor

I will definitely try that.  It looks like a quick weeknight meal.  I usually keep all of those ingredients handy. Thanks for the recipe! 

Trusted Contributor

@Black Pony..you are very welcome. If you make it let me know! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Your recipes are great. Not too complicated but sound delicious. Thank you for sharing.

Trusted Contributor

@wonderfulworld...Thank you so much for your kind words. I hope you enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention but I haven't seen you lately.  I love your recipes.  Looks like another winner.

Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty Thanks for your simple taco recipe, I will give it a try.  This seems a lot easier as far as prep and with the same payoff.

Trusted Contributor

@depglass... Hi dear. It is good to "see" you. I have been here when I can be. I am so glad to hear you like my recipes. Thank you for letting me know. Let me know if you give this a try.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@LilBitMissty 

This looks very good.  I just sent it to my DIL.  Our 14 yr old GS is beginning to cook.

Thank youSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I tried this last night for a quick Sunday night supper.  DH liked it and its going on the repeat list.  I checked back on your posts by clicking on your name and I'm sure I will find some more recipes to try.   I switched computers about two years ago and did not import old content so I lost all those bookmarked recipes.  You don't know how much this cheers me up in this bleak stay at home winter.