QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind and argumentative

QVC Social Team

This post has been removed by QVC because of argueing.

Esteemed Contributor

LilBit,

You have been on these boards longer than these people who have their undies in a bunch over a recipe.  I know it is hurtful to read their comments-I still challenge any and all of them to post as many recipes as you have and not get negative remarks.  To cook and tweak a recipe to the point you feel like you can share it, to build the reputation you have with so MANY posters trying and LOVING your recipes, will take them many, many recipes to compare.  Please, if they themselves cannot post recipes, only snarky remarks, ignore them.  I'm a nurse-I know too many people of all walks of life who have good cholesterol and tryiglyercides and exercise and yet still had a stroke or heart attack.  It's a ****** shoot for all of us.  Besides, I don't believe there is anyone holding a gun to their heads forcing them to eat richly every meal, every day.  Most of us know moderation and how to exercise that. 

I hope you stay with us, sharing recipes.  If you choose not, I certainly understand.  You don't deserve the bashing or shaming for sharing.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you Alice for being the voice of reason!  Heart

QVC Social Team

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind.

Super Contributor

The recipe sounds Amazing !  Please keep posting ...... just ignore the others.... ok?

@LilBitMissty wrote:

You know..It just amazes me with some people. For Heaven sake, most people  use common sense and limit times we eat certain things. Why must people insist on making SNARLY  remarks about peoples recipes  rather than just by passing recipes that aren't to THEIR liking???  No wonder we have lost alot of nice posters on this board!!!  Make me question myself why I bother posting!

Super Contributor

It is a reflection of them...... not of you or your recipe, so do not take it personally !

Keep posting and just pass over how someone chooses to respond to a

recipe because it is not to thier liking.   Not a big deal, also, they don't need

to make a big deal of it.   Lot's of nice people around here, don't let afew

people rain on your parade, okay?

@LilBitMissty wrote:

To my friends on this board who thoughtfully posted comments in my defense...I thank you. That was vry sweet of you  Heart I just can't believe how some people can react to a recipe.We are all different and truly have different tastes in food as well as likes and dislikes in other things. It would be a pretty dull world if we were all were alike in our preferences. As my DM told me all my life...variety IS the spice of like. No need to criticize what others post just because it's not to YOUR liking. I did mean what I said tho......The way people can be on here makes me think twice about posting recipes again.  Never did I think I would  feel this way...But I do Woman Sad

Valued Contributor

Sounds like a great hot weather salad!   Thanks for the recipe.

About the negative posters, this is what the world is coming to.  People have to be cruel to be noticed.    It's sad when someone has to resort to such nastiness over recipes.   They would be awful dinner guests!

Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty wrote:

Shrimp Mac Salad

1 package elbow macaroni

6 eggs

1 1/2 cups swiss cheese...cut into cubes

1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese...cut into cubes

1/2 white onion...chopped

2 (3.8 ounce) cans sliced black olives...drained

2 (6 ounce) cans shrimp...drained

4 cups best foods mayonnaise

2 jars Nalleys chunky dill relish (or less to taste)

1/3 (or less to taste)  mustard

salt and pepper to taste

Cook macaroni according to package directions, rinse and cool. Cook eggs til hard boiled. Chop eggs.  Mix together macaroni, eggs, cheeses, olives and onion. Set aside. Mix together  mayonnaise, relish, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture. Mix well.  Add shrimp. Mix well. Refrigerate.

Dear LittleBitMissty,

I learned of your recipe today from friends at another forum.  I am glad that I did!  Your recipe sounds yummy and I am saving it.  What a wonderful hot weather salad.  I have had something similar to it made with ham instead of shrimp.  It was good.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this recipe with us.  I really appreciate it and look forward to seeing more of your recipes.

All the best,

Writer with Flair