Trusted Contributor

@luvsbulldogs.....  Hi dear..I saw your name on here and I thiught...wow I haven't seen you in ages. Just wanted to tell you I have thought of you and wondered how you are doing. Hope to "talk" to you soon. Take care dear lady.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shout Out To luvsbulldogs

@LilBitMissty 

Oh my goodness it is so nice hearing from you.  I think of you often and still have a lot of your recipes that we still enjoy.  Your recipes are real down home cooking.  Years back I made up notebooks of recipes that we enjoyed that were posted in here.  I still have the notebook and use it frequently.  I sure do miss all the great posters from back then.  We go back a long way!

I usually post in the Back Yard Birders and often check the list of new posts when I first get on here.  Somehow I missed your name.  

I am doing well and so is my husband.  We are just about retired and so we often cook together.  We did move to a free standing condo in an adult community to downsize and we like it.  We are still in NH and live closer to our daughter.  Since aging I am on a strict diet for Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis but do sneak in a good recipe or two when I can.

How are you doing my friend?  Did you ever publish a cookbook like you were thinking about doing.  Hoping that you are well.

Take care Lilbit.

@LilBitMissty wrote:

@luvsbulldogs.....  Hi dear..I saw your name on here and I thiught...wow I haven't seen you in ages. Just wanted to tell you I have thought of you and wondered how you are doing. Hope to "talk" to you soon. Take care dear lady.

Trusted Contributor

@ luvsbulldogs

Hi again dear lady. Happy to hear about you retiring. Now it's time to take time for YOU (and your hubby of course). I know what you mean about missing the posters. That was back when there was mostly all FAMILY recipes posted here. Sure is different now. I am back working with my recipes. I had to put everything on hold when I faced some serious health issues. Even WHEN (NOT if) I complete my cookbook, it won't be published. I just want a cookbook with my families treasured recipes for my use. LOL doubt I would sell any of them anyhow! I have posted many of my family recipes here over the years, but still have many. My DM was so good at keeping the handed down recipes. I learned so much from her (mainly by watching and keeping mental notes)  

Smiley Happy  Anyhow dear lady, you take care. Lets keep in touch. Like I said before...I missed you.

Honored Contributor

@LilBitMissty wrote:

@ luvsbulldogs

Hi again dear lady. Happy to hear about you retiring. Now it's time to take time for YOU (and your hubby of course). I know what you mean about missing the posters. That was back when there was mostly all FAMILY recipes posted here. Sure is different now. I am back working with my recipes. I had to put everything on hold when I faced some serious health issues. Even WHEN (NOT if) I complete my cookbook, it won't be published. I just want a cookbook with my families treasured recipes for my use. LOL doubt I would sell any of them anyhow! I have posted many of my family recipes here over the years, but still have many. My DM was so good at keeping the handed down recipes. I learned so much from her (mainly by watching and keeping mental notes)  

Smiley Happy  Anyhow dear lady, you take care. Lets keep in touch. Like I said before...I missed you.

@LilBitMissty  - I've only been posting in recipes for a short while - it seems like the recipes posted are from a variety of sources.  Most posters don't mention the source. What's wrong with sources other than FAMILY???

Do you only post FAMILY recipes? 

I usually post my recipe sources in case someone is interested in the source. But what difference does it make if it's FAMILY or a food website, magazine etc?

We are having fun, learning and sharing.  I think this forum is great and more so with more posters getting involved and contributing. No poster 'rules' this place! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl  I don't think anyone wants to "rule" this place.  It is an excellent place to share food ideas and to expand our creative culinary horizons, and to just have enjoyment.   

I think perhaps @LilBitMissty is just reminiscing a bit about some of the old time, long ago, posters that we don't see any more.

The cooking styles, ingredients, and preferences have changed over time and some of us are perhaps a tad nostalgic.

In any event, I was a long time "lurker" for many years before I started to post.  I've enjoyed recipes when it was Recipe Swap, now Recipes, and Kitchen, and still do.

As another example what is now called Q Talk used to be entitled "The Q We Love" and the forums were set up a little differently for food categories.  There used to be a separate one for coffee and tea and I think there was one forum or a subforum that was strictly for cookie recipes.

Hope this helps.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Chi-town girl  I don't think anyone wants to "rule" this place.  It is an excellent place to share food ideas and to expand our creative culinary horizons, and to just have enjoyment.   

I think perhaps @LilBitMissty is just reminiscing a bit about some of the old time, long ago, posters that we don't see any more.

The cooking styles, ingredients, and preferences have changed over time and some of us are perhaps a tad nostalgic.

In any event, I was a long time "lurker" for many years before I started to post.  I've enjoyed recipes when it was Recipe Swap, now Recipes, and Kitchen, and still do.

As another example what is now called Q Talk used to be entitled "The Q We Love" and the forums were set up a little differently for food categories.  There used to be a separate one for coffee and tea and I think there was one forum or a subforum that was strictly for cookie recipes.

Hope this helps.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

@aroc3435  - thank you! She doesn't seem to want to participate on other posters threads - throwing shade...and the comment about FAMILY recipes but it's obvious she's posting recipes that are from public websites.

Example - I posted several Leftover Turkey recipes and afterwards she started a thread for Leftover Turkey recipes and posted something similar to one of my posted recipes. 

Now I'm very curious to see these FAMILY recipes. Which ones are the FAMILY recipes? Looks like most posted recipes are from public sources, right? 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl   The format of the forums changed/updated in June, 2015.  Folks were in a tizzy.  I think @LilBitMissty a few months after that had lost her notebook that had all of her mother's recipes in it.  I don't think her mother created every single one of those, but collected many of them.  Hence, her reference to family recipes.

A lot of the recipes that she had posted had been lost from the forum conversion as well.  The call went out and at some point after June, 2015, posters helped her recapture some of them because they liked them enough to save them.  I can't come up with it right now, but if and when I find that string, or strings, I will try to point it/them out.

I should say, too, that I am not in any way presuming to speak for @LilBitMissty  but simply trying to be helpful to avoid any friction.  Let's all be foodie friends here and continue to contribute our recipes and ideas to make cooking more fun.

Regards,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Valued Contributor
Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Chi-town girl   The format of the forums changed/updated in June, 2015.  Folks were in a tizzy.  I think @LilBitMissty a few months after that had lost her notebook that had all of her mother's recipes in it.  I don't think her mother created every single one of those, but collected many of them.  Hence, her reference to family recipes.

A lot of the recipes that she had posted had been lost from the forum conversion as well.  The call went out and at some point after June, 2015, posters helped her recapture some of them because they liked them enough to save them.  I can't come up with it right now, but if and when I find that string, or strings, I will try to point it/them out.

I should say, too, that I am not in any way presuming to speak for @LilBitMissty  but simply trying to be helpful to avoid any friction.  Let's all be foodie friends here and continue to contribute our recipes and ideas to make cooking more fun.

Regards,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

@aroc3435  - thank you for explaining some of the history. But, that's no reason for anyone to throw shade or snark at other posters that are sharing recipes. 

Respected Contributor

@ceekay   Bless you--you are wonderful to have found the link and posted it so quickly.  Truly appreciate you found it.  @LilBitMissty will appreciate it, too, I'm sure.  I've used lots of those recipes from her stash.

@Chi-town girl Here is what I referenced.  Guess this old gal's brain still semi-functions.

With maany thanks,

aroc3435

Washington, DC