Esteemed Contributor

Re: Seeking Wedding Cookie Recipes

@Allegheny 

I have made Italian Cookies a lot when I need to bring cookies to an event.  They are pretty basic and neutral in flavor.  I believe anise is the preferred flavoring but I find in our area, many do not care for it.  So I use vanilla or almond instead.  I tint the frosting to go with the occassion.  The recipe I use if from a poster from awhile ago and no longer posts here that I am aware of.  Carol 1229 was well known for her beautiful cookie trays as well as other recipes.   It was a great loss to the Recipe forum when she no longer posted.  Hope she is happy and healthy.   Here is a link to her recipe.  

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Recipes/A-rerun-Italian-Cookies/m-p/281008/highlight/true#M11523

Honored Contributor

Mexican Wedding Cookies w/Pecans from Martha Stewart

For The Dough
1 cup pecan halves
1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
For The Garnish
1 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions

In a food processor, pulse pecans, flour, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and salt until mixture resembles coarse meal; add butter and pulse until a dough forms. Shape dough into a disk, and wrap tightly in plastic; refrigerate until firm, 30 to 60 minutes.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Pinch off and roll dough into balls, each equal to 1 level tablespoon. Space 1 1/2 inches apart on two large baking sheets. Bake, switching sheets from top to bottom halfway through, until cookies are just golden around edges, 20 to 25 minutes.
Cool 5 minutes on sheets; transfer to a rack to cool completely. Place confectioners' sugar in a bowl. Roll cookies in sugar twice to coat thoroughly, tapping off excess.

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

Yum, I love this variety of baking.  My absolute favorite recipe is Martha Stewart Snowball Wedding Cookies. She has tons of recipes on line (I just went on that site to be sure they’re still there). There are lots of Mexican Wedding Cookie recipes she has posted as well and they are good but I omit the cinnamon ( just my preference for this particular cookie).

Hope this helps and hope you enjoy these melt in your mouth delights!

@Spacrazy Mexican wedding cookies are A M A Z I N G!!!!!Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Raspberry bars. A shortbread base, layer of rasperry jam, shortbread crumbles on top, topped with an almond glaze...yum! I can post the recipe if you're interested.

Respected Contributor

@MomIsMyOnlyIdentity   I would love to have the recipe.  They sound different and I love raspberry.  

Honored Contributor

Pizzelles are still popular. When Mom made them she would do orange and lemom flavor half and half. What I mean is if the recipe called for 2 tab. of flavoring she would use 1 T. of orange and 1 t.of lemon flavoring.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Regular Contributor

I remember when I lived in Florida and went to wedding.  I was looking around and the people at my table asked what I was looking for?  When I said a "cookie table" they thought I was drunk.  Those folks had never heard of a cookie table!  Needless to say while I lived down there I enlightened them to my Pittsburgh ways and they enlightened my to their southern ways! 

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Allegheny 

Raspberry Bars

For the bars:

2 cups flour

1 cup sugar

1 cup butter, softened

1 egg, lightly beaten

3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam/preserves

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13x9 inch pan.

1. Combine flour and sugar. With a pastry blender, cut in butter. Stir in egg.

2. Reserve half the dough. Pat other half into bottom of pan.

3. Stir jam briskly to loosen. Spread jam to within a half inch of edge of dough. 

4. Crumble rest of dough evenly onto preserves and lightly spread for even coverage. 

5. Bake 45 mins or until brown.

For the glaze:

1 cup confectioners sugar

1/2 tsp almond extract

2-3 tsp water

1. Combine glaze ingredients until glaze is runny enough to drizzle.

2. Drizzle glaze over the bars. You can do this while the bars are still warm.

3. Cut into squares and enjoy!

Respected Contributor

@MomIsMyOnlyIdentity  thank you!!  I appreciate you taking the time to type out the recipe.   It doesn't look too complicated, so even I can probably suceed.