Respected Contributor

Seeking Wedding Cookie Recipes

I live in a region that does "cookie tables" for weddings.  I volunteered to make cookies for an upcoming wedding.  I plan on Russian Tea Cookies and Thumbprints and would like to make two other variety.  They have a lot of chocolate and pumpkin flavor already.

If anyone is willing to share some of their tried and true cookie recipes it would be appreciated.  TY!

Respected Contributor

Re: Seeking Wedding Cookie Recipes

Yum, I love this variety of baking.  My absolute favorite recipe is Martha Stewart Snowball Wedding Cookies. She has tons of recipes on line (I just went on that site to be sure they’re still there). There are lots of Mexican Wedding Cookie recipes she has posted as well and they are good but I omit the cinnamon ( just my preference for this particular cookie).

Hope this helps and hope you enjoy these melt in your mouth delights!

Super Contributor

Martha Stewart has a new cookie book out now. Her recipes are dependable & delicious. Check it out. I think QVC is selling it but of course Amazon has it.

Martha Stewart's Cookie Perfection: 100+ Recipes to Take Your Sweet Treats to the Next Level: A Baking Book

Honored Contributor

I think we come from the same region. Cookie table is very important. Ask one of your friends for their recipes. Don't remember any chocolate. Do you have a pizzelle iron? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Allegheny  How about Swedish Tea Cookies?

3 cup butter

6 cups flour

1 cup light cream

cut butter into flour

add cream

roll out really thick (the thicker the flakier)

use a small cookie cutter - my favorite is a n oval one with scalloped edges but for weddings I make heart shaped

press in sugar and ****** twice with a fork - bake 375 for 10 minutes until firm

When cool make a sandwich with buttercream frosting - make your own or use canned frosting

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 I'm from southwestern Pennsylvania.  The cookie table has been a big thing here for as long as I can remember especially among certain ethnic groups.  If my memory serves me, years back chocolate cookies weren't usually on the cookie tables much but as times change, I am seeing more of them.  

I no longer have a pizzelle iron, but do have a rosette iron, though I don't think those type of cookies are very popular with the younger crowd.

I am contemplating on making some nut rolls and slicing them down.

Respected Contributor

Oh @Pook the Swedish Tea Cookies sound so rich.  Thank you so much for sharing.

Respected Contributor

How about Tea Time Tassies? They’re mini pecan pies that you make in a mini muffin pan. At the reception, you can just dust them with powdered sugar.

Tart Shells

3 ounces Cream Cheese, softened

1/4 cup, plus 3 tbsp. Butter, softened

1 cup flour.

Beat the cream cheese and 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. of the butter in a mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add the flour until a soft dough forms. Scrape bowl to ensure all ingredients have been combined. Form into 2 discs, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for @ 30 minutes to allow dough to firm up. Remove from refrigerator and form into 24 1” balls. If you have any extra dough, save it in case you have to make repairs. Spray the tins with Pam or a similar cooking spray. Put each ball into a cup in a mini muffin tin and carefully press into and along the sides to form a tart shell. Set aside. 

Filling Ingredients 

3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed.

3/4 cup Chopped Pecans

1 Egg

1 tbsp. Butter, softened

1 tsp. Vanilla Extract 

1 dash Salt

Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until well combined. Spoon into the unbaked tartshells, making sure to avoid over-filling (mixture will expand while baking). 

Bake at 350* for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack. I use a sharp paring knife to coax them out of the tins. 

Yield - 24 tassies. 

I’ve seen a variation that uses regular pie crust with a lemon curd filling. I’ve never made them, but they sound interesting. 

Respected Contributor

Spritz cookies tinted pastel colors are always lovely, light and easy to eat.

Sounds fun, enjoy !

Respected Contributor

Thanx @Pook got so hungry when I saw your recipe I’m fixin to try it out. I’m gonna cut recipe in half cause that looks as though it makes a lot (and I have no will power!).

Can’t wait to try them.  YUM