Honored Contributor

Re: Seafood Appetizer ideas...please

@Starpolisher I know you were looking for appetizer recipes that weren't dips but if you don't happen to find one, here is one that is easy to make and I think everyone may enjoy:

https://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/four-layer-shrimp-dip/c619e8a0-d372-4ff0-8afe-f2584b233c03

Valued Contributor

@rrpell wrote:

Can’t think of anything I would rather have on New Year’s than Salmon.   I would make a smoked salmon platter like this one from “How Sweet Eats”.  The ingredients can be found easily at your local supermarket and it is easy to assemble.  

68579C5D-150A-452A-ABDB-6D9D9CAC8B55.jpeg

Looks GREAT and healthy!!!

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and recipes! I decided to go with the bacon wrapped scallops. Thank you @IamMrsG for the heads up!Happy New Year everyone!🎉🎆

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac

The platter sounds delicious! I think you live in the same area as my ds and ddil. Is the store you're  talking about Wegmans? I'd be interested in getting one.

-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher"Is the store you're  talking about Wegmans?"

YUP! 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Our supermarket has all kinds of different Sushi platters

Respected Contributor

I love the idea of bacon wrapped scallops especially if they are wrapped with thick sliced bacon and it is baked till crisp, which is hard to do since we are talking scallops.

I like a shrimp salad done with just enough mayo to bring it together with fresh herbs or even a ranch packet.

I do love the idea of the little phyllo dough cups filled with crab, cream cheese and herbs!  YUMMY!

Honored Contributor

Smoked oysters!  You can even find them raised and packed in the USA on amazon!  I'll bet you can get them shipped on time--not cheap but very good!

I sometimes put a dab more olive oil on them but they are excellent!

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Starpolisher"Is the store you're  talking about Wegmans?"

YUP! 

Hi Mz iMac, I went to my local Wegman's today and they don't offer the fried shrimp platter. I live an hour and 15 minutes away from the one near you. There's always a lot advertised in their Holiday magazine that they don't offer at this Wegmans. I did get the bacon wrapped scallops and the coconut shrimp skewers though!

-Kahlil Gibran
Valued Contributor

Sorry didn’t see this sooner. I take a block of cream cheese. Dump a bottle of cocktail sauce over it and then put chopped cooked shrimp over that. Serve with crackers. So yummy.