Occasional Contributor

I ordered scallops and accidentally received a pound of tiny scallops about as big as a mans thumbnail.  What do I do with them?!

Esteemed Contributor

I would just dust with flour and pan fry.  They cook quickly.

or

Sauted Bay Scallops

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat saute pan, add oil.
  2. Saute garlic and shallot until tender.
  3. Add scallops sprinkle with paprika.
  4. Cook over med heat approx 15 min (depending on size of scallops) turn mid way.
  5. If using the small Bay scallops reduce heat and cook time accordingly.
  6. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Whichever recipe you choose, just don't cook them very long....they'll turn into little erasers like off of a pencil!

If you care for clam chowder you could use them with or instead of clams.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Good info.  So many people overcook seafood.

You can also make scampi or picata with them.  They are pretty versatile, really.

Valued Contributor

Make @Zhills recipe and toss with linguine, add extra olive oil if needed. Top with seasoned bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

If you are ambitious look up a recipe for Coquilles St Jacques.  Most delicious way to eat bay scallops.  I would give you a recipe but I don't make it - just order it in restaurants.  

Respected Contributor

Hi!

If you haven't cooked your scallops yet, maybe you'd like to try one of these recipes?

They're both classic New England. YUM!  Smiley Happy

New England Style Baked Scallop Recipe

How to Make Baked Scallops with Ritz Crackers Topping - New ...

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

Sometimes my grocery store carries scallop pieces for $8.99 a lb. I buy them and do the scallops and pasta in butter/ wine sauce. Quick is the word for cooking them.