Honored Contributor

Sausage and Peppers in Blankies

Sometimes necessity is, indeed, the mother of invention.  I had sausages and peppers on the menu for tonight and no time to stop for fresh bread. 

Sooooo, I used crescent rolls.  DH doesn't like a lot of bread, but he loved these. 

So easy and so yummy!

IMG_0869.JPG

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Sausage and Peppers in Blankies

As you just proved - Crescent rolls are very versatile. Just look at all the recipes that you can find on line.  There are many recipes that aren't by Pillsbury. 

Looked like you had a tasty dinner.

That is why I always keep a can or two in the refrigerator.

Respected Contributor

That is a clever idea. Never thought to do that. You could even dip it in tomato sauce. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@drizzellla   I like to use the cresent roll sheets and spread whipped Philadelphia cream cheese chive on the dough and then layer thin sliced ham and shredded cheese, roll up the dough and cut into slices and bake on a cookie sheet.  These pinwheels are delicious.

Honored Contributor

@hayseed00 would those be appetizers?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG  When they bake up the pinwheels are around the size of a cinnamon roll but flatter.  You should try them they are delicious.  My family always requests them for get togethers. 375* for about 20 mins.  I use the thin sliced ham and shredded pepperjack cheese.