Super Contributor

Salted Nutella Fudge

/></a></p> <p><strong>Ingredients:</strong></p> <p>Butter, for greasing pan<br/>  1 (14 oz. ) can sweetened condensed milk<br/>  1 tsp vanilla extract<br/>  8 oz. high-quality bittersweet (60% cacao) chocolate chips<br/>  1 cup Nutella, room temperature<br/>  3 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into 1/2-inch pieces<br/>  Coarse Sea salt, approximately 1/2 tsp</p> <p><strong>Directions:</strong></p> <p>Grease the bottom and sides of an 8- by 8-inch baking pan with butter. Line the pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overlap on the sides.</p> <p>In a medium glass or stainless steel bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, bittersweet chocolate chips, Nutella, and butter.</p> <p>Form a double-boiler by setting the bowl on a medium pot of gently simmering water. The water level should be low enough that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Stir until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth, 5 to 7 minutes.</p> <p>Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan, and spread the top smooth with a spatula. Refrigerate until the fudge is firm, at least 2 hours.</p> <p>Run a knife under hot water, dry it off, and run it around the edges of the pan to loosen the fudge. Using the overhanging parchment paper, lift the fudge out. Flip the fudge over and peel off the parchment paper. Sprinkle with  coarse sea salt. Cut the fudge into 3/4-inch squares.</p> <p>Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or wrapped well in plastic wrap and foil.</p> <p>Makes approximately 50 3/4-inch squares.</p> <p> </p> <p>Special note:  I use various gourmet sea salts from around the globe - check out Saltworks dot com</p>

Super Contributor

You can also use the microwave method for this recipe. I made 3 batches and everybody just loved the depth of flavor.

Hope you will try yourself - it's quite tasty with a creamy texture!

Valued Contributor

Sounds fantastic! Wish I had some right now! Thanks for sharing

Trusted Contributor

Sounds tasty! How long in the microwave?

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Trusted Contributor
This sounds wonderful, thank you for sharing!
~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

Salt Works is great. It is about 10 miles from my house.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds decadent!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanx... sounds like a yummy and easy recipe!

Super Contributor
On 12/6/2014 DiAnne said:

Salt Works is great. It is about 10 miles from my house.

Saltworks - It is a large store with a big inventory? Want to visit next time passing thru Seattle. Also want to visit Fran's Chocolates - we love the salted caramels! but Fran is best known for her chocolates - she studied all over the world in order to make the best! So glad orders are available online . . .

Trusted Contributor
NBW, have you ever tried this with pink Himalayan salt? This recipe looks so easy yet so gourmet. Thanks for sharing!