Respected Contributor

If eating lots of these foods allows the use of a little more salt in the diet, I say "go for it!".

Foods rich in potassium include orange juice, potatoes, bananas, avocados, cantaloupes, tomatoes, broccoli, soybeans, brown rice, garlic and apricots, although it is also abundant in most fruits, vegetables and meats.

Honored Contributor

@kitty4me wrote:

Hello everyone! I have an issue with Salt I really like and miss it. It will be a Year September 24th that I had a H/A. I try really hard not to use Salt. I have been looking for and using blends that don't contain Salt. While they are good somethings you just need Salt like Tomatoes, and French Fries. I'm looking for a taste very close to Salt. Looking forward to recommendations. Smiley Happy

Why do you need salt? I gave up all added sodium 34 years ago when I developed hbp during my first pregnancy. I never went back to cooking with sodium. I can't stand the taste of salt now! Everything tastes too salty to me! I raised my family totally sodium free. I'm an expert at adjusting recipes to my taste. Salt is an acquired taste, the more you have the more you want.

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

No salt is at Walmart.  Just "DO NOT USE" the same amount as regular salt.  Use about half you usually use.  My dad tried it and used the same amount and he said it was bitter.

Boop

Honored Contributor

I use Mrs. Dash and just a lot more pepper products for spice to kick up foods.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."