Honored Contributor

This got me thinking...spouse absolutely refuses to eat meatloaf (which I love & day after as sandwich on white bread & mayo😊) yet we go a fav restaurant and he orders either "chopped steak aka meatloaf imo" or salisbury steak🤔

This is making me want to make it!  I thought salisbury steak was cooked with gravy, onions, mushrooms.

Thanks for sharing your recipes & Im gonna check out Pioneer Woman.  I have gb in freezer.

Honored Contributor

@lovemybichonfrise wrote:

@151949

Salisbury is usually made with ground beef, mixed with bread crumbs and spices.  My Mom used to make this when we were kids with onions, mashed potatoes and peas and then you make a gravy from the pan drippings  The Pioneer Woman has a delicious recipe for this, but yours sounds wonderful too.  One pound of chopped meat will give you 4 nice sized steaks.  If you use chopped meat, just make sure you don't flatten them to look like hamburgers.  Your post makes me want to make some for us.

I'm not a lover of salisbury steak, I wouldn't care if I never had one.  My husband does love them and I made these for him one night.  I thought they were awful.  I wouldn't make them again. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wow!  I can't imagine anyone not liking a good browned ground beef patty with onions, mushrooms and gravy!  JMO  I realize everyone has different tastes.

I recently had stuffed peppers and the meat was tasteless, simply tasteless!  I was surprised.

Too bad you don't enjoy them.  Quick easy dinner!

Regular Contributor

I just read your post while I'm on my lunch hour eating leftover Salisbury Steak.  I use the recipe I found on a blog and it's the best I've ever eaten!  Super easy to make too.

4 Servings

1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup, divided (undiluted)
1 lb. ground beef
1 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. water
1 (8 oz.) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained

Combine 1/4 cup soup, ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl; don't overmix.  Shape into 4 patties and place in a greased 9-inch baking pan.  Combine the remaining soup with Worcestershire sauce, water and mushrooms; spread the mixture evenly over the patties.  Bake uncovered at 350° for 60 minutes.