Frequent Contributor
@Zhills looks delicious!!
Honored Contributor

The possibilities are endless! This one gets a heavy rotation in my family spring and summer

6-Ingredient Mediterranean Salad

4 servings

Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 257 | Total Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 20mg | Carbohydrates: 17g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9 |

Ingredients
  • 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
  • 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 2 medium cucumbers, diced
  • 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 large tomato, sliced
  • 1/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice

Instructions

1. In a serving bowl, combine all vegetables. In a small bowl whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice, drizzle over salad ingredients and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  2. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor
I saw an article about rough chopping vegetables like red and green cabbage, onion Brussels sprouts. turnips, sweet potatoes, bell peppers 2 in long corn cobs, and whole fresh onion. Toss with olive oil and spread single layer on a bake sheet.

Bake 400 degrees 20 minutes turning once. Refrigerate if desired.

Drizzle with bsalmic vinegar and olive oil lightly.
Honored Contributor
I made this recipe last year...way too much mayo and sugar and no one would eat it. Guess I would need to tweak it but too expensive to deal with
Honored Contributor
I have switched to using greens like radicchio, kale, etc but no iceberg or leafy lettuce; they wilt too quickly and DH and I can’t eat them fast enough so it goes to waste. Best for us now are the bagged salads at Costco...the sweet kale is basically shaved Brussels sprouts, kale, cabbage, etc... no lettuce, so it lasts a long time in fridge until we can finish it.
Valued Contributor
2 cups watermelon in bite-sized chunks 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled 2 T champagne vinegar 2 T chopped fresh basil On a platter arrange watermelon, tomatoes and goat cheese. Drizzle with vinegar and top with basil. I found Heirloom cherry tomatoes of all different colors so it made a pretty platter or you could cut small Heirloom tomatoes into quarters. ** This was posted a few yrs. ago by DiAnne**
Valued Contributor
Beautiful Watermelon Salad By: Forestwolf So pretty, so refreshing, so totally delicious. 4 cups crisp torn red-leaf lettuce 20 (2-inch) cubes or triangles watermelon, seeded, drained 2 Bartlett pears, peeled, cut bite-size 20 bite-size broccoli florets, blanched 3 minutes, cooled 2 tablespoons Honey-Roasted Almond Accents 1 cup flavored croutons Arrange lettuce on 4 luncheon plates. Place watermelon, pears, and broccoli florets among leaves. Sprinkle with almonds; drizzle with shaken Watermelon Dressing. Serves 4. WATERMELON DRESSING: 1/4 cup light olive oil 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon sugar 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning 1 teaspoon mustard 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest Combine in a jar and shake well.
Valued Contributor
4 cups cantaloupe cut or scooped into bite size pieces 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion 1/2 cup of feta cheese, crumbled 1 T of thinly sliced mint Juice of one large lime 1 T olive oil Salt and pepper to taste Whisk olive oil and lime juice together. Toss everything together. DiAnne
Valued Contributor

Just  leave out the lettuce..

Valued Contributor

Re: Salads without lettuce

[ Edited ]

Spinach salad with mixed cooked vegetables is healthy and delicious!