Honored Contributor

There are many recipes for broccoli salad, and I thought I'd share this one that I'm serving tomorrow. 

1 bunch broccoli cut into small florets

2 cups sliced red grapes

1 cup dried cranberries 

1 cup roasted , sliced almonds

6 scallions diced

1 cup crumbled crisp bacon

Dressing, 

1 cup mayo

1 Tbs. White wine vinegar

1 Tbs. Sugar

Combine,

Note, there are some who prefer more dressing, so make it to your taste.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Sounds like a nice version from one I used to make.  I may try this one; although I don't really feel like making it for myself ... I'll be by my lonesome tomorrow so maybe i'll try it another time.

Respected Contributor

Re: 🥦 Salad🥦

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1yummy! Do you blanch the broccoli or  keep it raw? 

I make a similar salad but i nuke the broccoli for a minute with a 1/4 cup of water to just soften a tiny bit ...not cooking all the way or anything but just to take raw edge off. Then i drop tgem in ice water and then drain well

I love the addition of grapes and using almonds in your recipe!

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@QVCkitty1yummy! Do you blanch the broccoli or  keep it raw? 

I make a similar salad but i nuke the broccoli for a minute with a 1/4 cup of water to just soften a tiny bit ...not cooking all the way or anything but just to take raw edge off. Then i drop tgem in ice water and then drain well

I love the addition of grapes and using almonds in your recipe!

@LizzieInSRQ , I don't blanch the broccoli , but I know some prefer that and it is fine either way.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Mine consists of broccoli, white raisins, sunflower seed nuts, chopped sweet onion. The dressing is similar but I taste it before putting it on the veggie to be sure it has the right tang vs sweetness.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

This sounds delicious!  I've never had broccoli salad.  I hope you don't mind I copied your recipe.  Thank you.💝🌸

Honored Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

This sounds delicious!  I've never had broccoli salad.  I hope you don't mind I copied your recipe.  Thank you.💝🌸

@cheriere , I hope you like it !

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

This looks delish!!

I love cranberries and the grapes sound so refreshing...

Esteemed Contributor

Add nuts just before serving!

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

I love this recipe because it is so adaptable to what you have on hand &/or like!

I am going to save this recipe because it will make a great dinner in the heat of the summer when I don't want anything heavy.

A place I used to go to added pecans/walnuts, sunflower seeds, chick peas & shredded cheese to their version. Other posters mentioned some of those too.

Thanks for sharing!