Respected Contributor

@simplecook, the Fritos salad sounds so good, I used make my cornbread salad almost just like that, but of course, used crumbled cornbread instead of Fritos!

Respected Contributor

On my laptop now, I can cut and paste again!

NUTTY COUSCOUS SALAD

1 10 oz pkg cous cous(unflavored) 

1/c cup dates, chopped

1 bunch parsley

1 lage orange

2 TBL Olive oil

2TBL Cider vinegar

1/2 tsp sugar

1/4 tsp salt

1 cup dried currant or dark raisins

2 Tbls chopped crystalized ginger

1 6-oz can salted cashews (whole or coarsely chopped)

Prepare couscous according to pkg..Chop 3 Tbls parsley (reserve remainder for garnish). Zest orange peel and squeeze juice from orange. In bowl, mix OJ, salt sugar, oil and vinegar- Toss with couscous, cashews, dates, chpd parsley, currants , ginger - mix well and garnish with parsley..

8 side dish or 4 main dish...

Respected Contributor

Here is a grat Hawaiian Macarnoi Salad..like the kind they serve with their plate lunch..

The Hawaiians actually sort of over cook their macaroni..so cook a little softer or "fatter" than "Al Dente" for this one...Tastes just like plate lunch style

• 1 (1 lb.) box macaroni
  • 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 2 carrots, shredded
  • 1/4 c. onion, shredded or 4 thinly sliced scallions
  • 2 1/2 c. Best Foods (or Hellman's) mayonnaise... no substitutes!
  • 1/4 c. whole milk
  • 2 tsp. sugar
  • kosher salt & pepper, to taste

Instructions

• Cook macaroni - Drain well and place macaroni in a large bowl 
  • While macaroni is still hot, sprinkle on vinegar and add carrot and onion. Toss together until well combined. Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes.(otherwise the milk and mayo will curdle if its not cooled off)
  • In a separate bowl, whisk together mayo, milk, and sugar. 
  • Fold mayo mixture into the macaroni until  evenly coated. Add salt and pepper to taste. 
  • Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours (best if overnight). Gently stir before serving (adding a little more milk if needed, no more than a Tbsp. or two
New Contributor

We love it. You can change it up alot.  You can substitute taco seasoning instead of chili, add chopped celery for more crunch, add multi- colored corn, or grilled corn ... I have had it so many ways!! it is always a big hit.. I also triple the recipe for potlucks.

Corn bread sounds yummy too!

Trusted Contributor
I'm really starting to eat more Salads. I'm so looking for a Dressing very close to a Dressing from McAlisters Deli. It's a Sherry/Shallot Vinaigrette.it is a brown color and sweet. I'm obsessed with this. Can we share some Dressing Recipes?
Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

I have a delicious salad and oh so easy.  Use whatever greens you like (I usually make it with iceburg, just because that's what most people prefer) Add can(s) of the tiny shrimp, grated parmesan (not the stuff in the can) and Italian dressing.  That's it.  I just add some of the dressing to the salad, and then set extra out along side of it in case anyone cares for more

cookin

Appreciate easy.!!!  I might add snow peas and spring onions!