Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone have a tried and true recipe for this?  My MIL used to make this every year at Christmas.  It was baked in coffee cans and she served it with a lemon sauce.  Yummee!

Anyone?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

My mother used to make her English grandmother's recipe for plum pudding with an orange sauce.  I don't have the recipe, but you might be able to find one online.  I remember there were many ingredients and was very labor-intensive.  It was considered a Christmas treat.

Esteemed Contributor

No clue from me.  Wish I had one for you.

My grandma died over 50 years ago when I was still young and foolish.  Sure wish I had wanted her recipes then 😢

Honored Contributor

My mom used to make it every Christmas until all the talk started about how unhealthy animal fat is.  Then she switched to something else.  I don't have the recipe as I'd never make it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   I went online looking and was surprised at how labor intensive this recipe is LOL!  As someone that hates to cook, I doubt if I would ever muster up the whatever to make it.  I was hoping for a quick whip up, cook, and serve dessert. Woman Wink

On another note, I am making your CrockPot dressing today! That one was pretty easy for me to put together.  It is in the pot now.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs.  I hope you enjoy it.  I make it year around about once every 3-4 months, whenever I "need" chicken and dressing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Re: SUET PUDDING

[ Edited ]

I am sure I have my Mom's recipe somewhere. May take a few days to find it. 

I can smell the kitchen when it was cooking and oh that lemon sauce. 

She has been gone 35 years and I do appreciate this memory today.

It was a lot of work to make and then it cooked for what seemed hours.

Merry Christmas 

Esteemed Contributor

@Boxerdoglover  I appreciate your posting it if you come across it. 

I have to mention a little side note about boxer dogs.  A family, in the neighborhodd where I grew up, had 6 children and always had a boxer.  Whenever one passed away and they got another boxer, they always named her the same:  Fawn.  Even after the kids moved on and the parents still had a dog, it was a boxer and it was named Fawn.  I thought it seemed kind of funny that they used the same name for all their dogs.  I do remember that they were a calm, gentle breed and yes, the color of a fawn deer.    

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if someone who has made suet pudding could describe it, please. I have never, ever heard of such a thing. In my world, suet is animal fat, so I don't understand how it's made into a pudding. I guess I'm missing something.

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1  I'm with you.  Never heard of it and all I can imagine  is fat pudding with lemon sauce.