Honored Contributor

I have a tried a few new recipes in the past couple of weeks.  This one and the coffee ice cream (posted previously) are the only two that I felt were worth sharing.

1/2 pound Chinese noodles, dried egg noodles or spaghetti.
Peanut oil
2 T minced ginger root
2 green onions
1 t sugar
2 T Chinese black bean paste with garlic
1 T Chinese black bean paste with chili
1/2 pound ground pork
Sesame oil

Cook the noodles according to directions.  Drain.  Toss with 1/2 T peanut oil.  Set aside

Peel and mince ginger root (approx 2 T).  Chop the white parts of green onion and slice the green parts - keep separate.

Mix the sugar and the two kinds of bean paste.

Heat wok.  Add 1 T peanut oil.  Toss in ginger root and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.  Add pork and chopped white parts of green onions.  Fry until all traces of pink have disappeared.  Add the bean paste mixture and cook for about 2 minutes. 

Stir in the green onions and noodles and quickly toss.  Add a drop of sesame oil and put into two bowls. 

Serves 2 

At the market I went to I could not find the black bean paste with chili so I just used 3 T of the other black bean paste and added some sriracha  I will pick some up on my next trip to the Japanese market.  I used dried udon noodles.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne.  Sounds good and something "different".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

It re-heats well in the microwave also.

Honored Contributor

I make a similar recipe that replaces the bean paste with peanut butter:

12 oz spaghetti cooked to al dente

1 1/2 cups chicken broth

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

1/4 cup soy sauce

1 tsp chili-garlic sauce (Sriracha)

1 tbsp cornstarch

1 tbsp brown sugar

1 tbsp rice vinegar

2 tsp sesame oil

2 lbs ground beef

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1 tbsp minced garlic

1 tbsp grated ginger

Leave cooked pasta in large pot after draining.  Whisk together broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, chili-garlic sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and sesame oil in bowl.

Cook ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic, and ginger in skillet over medium-high heat until browned, breaking up meat into crumbles.  Drain any grease.  Whisk sauce and pour over meat, simmer over medium-high heat until sauce is slightly-thickened.

Pour meat and sauce in pot of spaghetti to serve.

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne @deepwaterdotter   Thank you both for listing these Asian recipes.  We are all always looking for new ideas in the food area.

You have both brightened my dreary, constantly raining, Sunday.

Cheers to you both.