Respected Contributor

We have plenty of snow here to use!FB_IMG_1613240395830.jpg

Respected Contributor

Brings back memories of making snow ice cream when I was a little girl. My siblings and me would go oiutside and get the snow, my mom or grandma would make it,  we loved it. But I also remember years later of being told we couldn't make it anymore because of the air polution in the snow. Anyone else ever told that ?

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Brings back memories of making snow ice cream when I was a little girl. My siblings and me would go oiutside and get the snow, my mom or grandma would make it,  we loved it. But I also remember years later of being told we couldn't make it anymore because of the air polution in the snow. Anyone else ever told that ?

just heard that on the Weather Channel....wonder how we all survived?!

Respected Contributor

Re: SNOW ice cream! ❄️

[ Edited ]

@MOMMAVik   Wow, I remember that too from I was a child.. Mama made the best snow cream (she called it Snow Cream).

We've got ice today where I live in NC..

Honored Contributor

Per my mother, you only make that w/the FIRST snowfall.  Any snow after that will be "dirty" snow.

I have no clue where she got that from.  Never snowed where she grew up.  She never saw snow until she was an adult living "up north."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

We just ate plain old snow, unless it was yellow.

Respected Contributor

@MOMMAVik  I've never even Heard of Snow Icecream.  Thanks for bringing it to light and the recipe. 

As a kid we'd have sugar on snow.  boiled Maple Surup poured over trays of snow. The maple syrup turned into a sort of chewy, yummy strip.  Always had dill pickle spears with it.  There were donuts too but I was all about the Candy!

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@Goodie2shoes 

It wasn't good to eat the snow when we did nuclear testing in this country.  It isn't done now.

Respected Contributor

A couple of years ago I made snow ice cream with the kids. It was fantastic, it tasted better than Dairy Queen actually! 

Well, I posted about it on a thread here and I got BLASTED by people telling me I was irresponsible for serving it to my kids because of how dirty snow can be. I used clean fresh snow and I wouldn't change that memory for anything. It really is delicious!