Respected Contributor

SHEET PAN CHICKEN CHEESE QUESADILLA

[ Edited ]

Since we are three here in my household, I decided to try something different; Sheet Pan Chicken Cheese Quesadilla!  I'll try to add both pictures to this post.  It was easy and delicious and fed all of us with leftovers.  I used about half of a Costco rotisserie chicken and added/layered all the rest of the ingredients into the large sheet pan (17"x13"), then enclosed the entire giant quesadilla up by folding the layered burrito size flour tortillas  inward to bake.  Came out delicous.  Served it with salsa, sour cream and some avocado slices.  20210315_163831.jpg20210315_163831.jpg 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Re: SHEET PAN CHICKEN CHEESE QUESADILLA

Do you have a recipe or can you list the filling ingredients?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Ohhhh, such a good Idea.   So much easier than doing 8 separate ones🙄.   I like the idea of the rotisserie chicken too.  I make my chicken in the crock pot with bar b q sauce, then shred it all up when done...it comes out so tender and juicy.  Thanks for sharing!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass Here is the recipe:  

SHEET PAN CHICKEN CHEESE QUESADILLA

3 tablespoons salted butter, melted

8 burrito-size flour tortillas(these are the big tortillas about 12 inch size)

4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (I used  Mexican Cheese shredded) 

4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken 

1 teaspoon  packaged taco seasoning 

One 4-ounce can diced green chiles 

1 cup frozen corn, thawed 

1/2 cup sliced black olives 

1/2 cup salsa 

• Preheat the oven to **450 degrees F. (I used a 425 degree oven)  Brush a half sheet pan or rimmed cookie sheet with half of the butter. (I used a cookie sheet pan)
  • Arrange 2 tortillas along the longest side of the sheet pan with half hanging over the rim; repeat with the other long side of the pan. Place one tortilla, also half hanging over, at each end. Place 1 tortilla in the center so the whole bottom of the sheet pan is covered.
  • Sprinkle evenly with half of the shredded cheese, all of the chicken, taco seasoning, chiles, corn and olives. Place spoonfuls of the salsa over the top and spread evenly. Top with the remaining cheese.
  • Place the remaining 1 tortilla in the center of the pan, on top of the filling, and then fold up the overhanging tortillas so that the filling is completely covered. Brush with the remaining butter, top with another sheet pan and press down firmly.  Keep the 2nd sheet pan on the top to bake.
  • Bake until the tortillas are crispy and the inside is melted and hot, 20- 25** minutes. (See footnote)
  • Carefully remove the top sheet pan. Slice the quesadilla into squares and serve with avocado, sour cream, lime and cilantro.

**I used a 425 degree oven and cooked for 30 minutes

Serving suggestions:  salsa, 1 avocado, diced, sour cream, 1 lime, cut into eighths and several sprigs fresh cilantro

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

That really looks good!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thank you for sharing!!!

Valued Contributor

Sounds and looks so good!  I am giving this a try next week.  Thank you for sharing.

Super Contributor

Love this!  Thanks for sharing. I frequently make quesadillas and this would be great.  I would half it for the two of us!