• Cook Time: 15
  • Total Time: 35 minutes
  • Yield: 6-8
  • Category: salad, vegan,
  • Method: stovetop
  • Cuisine: French
  • Diet: Vegan

Description

This French Potato Salad is loaded up with fresh herbs – tarragon, parsley, and chives and dressed in the most flavorful Dijon Vinaigrette. It’s vegan, with no mayo, and quick and easy to make. Healthy and light!

Ingredients

• 2 pounds fresh potatoes, sliced ¼-inch thick (little, thin-skinned potatoes work best here)
  • 2 tablespoons of sea salt
  • 2 large garlic cloves

Dijon Vinaigrette:

Fresh Herbs:

• ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
  • 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, roughly chopped (or sub 1/4 cup dill or basil ribbons)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh chives (or sub green onions), minced

Instructions

Boil the Potatoes: Place the sliced potatoes in a large saucepan cover completely with cold water.  Sprinkle in salt and bring to a boil.  Add the 2 cloves of garlic, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.

Make the Vinaigrette: While potatoes are simmering, make the vinaigrette by whisking together dijon, oil, vinegar and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.

Assemble: Drain potatoes and garlic.  Place potatoes mostly single layer on a baking sheet to cool.  Mince the cooked garlic and add to the vinaigrette.  Drizzle the vinaigrette evenly over the warm potatoes.  Let sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes. 

Serve: Add to a serving bowl gently tossing with the chopped fresh herbs. Serve at room temp or refrigerate and chill.

Next Ingredient: GRAPES
Respected Contributor

Re: SEPTEMBER 2020 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse   What a delightful recipe and--bonus for me--I have all the ingredients on hand!  I will definitely make this.

Thank you for posting this.  The recipe group folks here always deliver.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Next Ingredient:  GRAPES 

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@GenXmuse   What a delightful recipe and--bonus for me--I have all the ingredients on hand!  I will definitely make this.

Thank you for posting this.  The recipe group folks here always deliver.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

You're very welcome. I love you ladies! I have to say that horseradish bacon sauce looks delicious. I can't wait to make it. I'll definitely use it this week. 
I really like how you format your recipes, It looks so professional and classic. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know how the name of this salad originated but, obviously, on some buffet table at a wedding!

Wedding Salad

1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened

1/2 jar marshmallow creme

1 tablespoon orange juice

3 lbs. Red Rome apples, peeled and chopped

1 cup green seedless GRAPES, sliced

1/2 cup raisins

1/2 cup slivered almonds

1 cup miniature marshmallows

With electric mixer, blend cream cheese, marshmallow creme and orange juice.  Blend fruit, almonds and marshmallows with cream cheese mixture.  Refrigerate until serving.

NEXT INGREDIENT .... CHILI SAUCE

Honored Contributor

Eastern North Carolina BBQ Sauce

I have tried a lot of recipes of Eastern North Carolina BBQ Sauce. This is the closest to what you will find in any of the BBQ Restaurants here in North Carolina. It is on the hot side, so you may wish to adjust the cayenne pepper and Tabasco™ sauce for milder flavor.

Servings:
Yield:
2 cups

Ingredients
  • 1 cup white vinegar
  • 1 cup cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™), or to taste
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
DirectionsInstructions Checklist
  • Step 1

Combine the white vinegar, cider vinegar, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper in a jar or bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 days before using so that the flavors will blend. Shake occasionally, and store for up to 2 months in the refrigerator.

Nutrition Facts

4.1 calories; proteing; carbohydrates 0.6g; fatg; cholesterolmg; sodium 76mg 3% DV.

Next Ingredient: POBLANO PEPPERS