1/8 teaspoon each: baking powder, salt

1 jar (2.5 ounces) pureed prunes baby food

1/3 cup non-fat milk
1 egg
1 egg white
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract

1/4 cup chopped, toasted almonds, optional

1. Heat the ovento 350 degrees. Spray an 8- by 8-inch square pan with a non-stick vegetable coating and set aside.
  2. Combine the instant coffee and boiling water and stir until the coffee has completely dissolved. Set aside.
  3. Sift the cocoa powder into a large bowl. Add the flours, sugars, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix well.

4. Combine the dissolved coffee, prunes, milk, egg, egg white and extracts in another bowl and mix well.

Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
Stir in the nuts.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan.

Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.

Allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack at least 30 minutes. Invert on a cutting board and cut into 16 squares.

Nutrition information per serving: 67 calories, 13 mg cholesterol, negligible fat, 66 mg sodium.

Martha Stewart’s Guilt Free Brownies

Ingredients 

• 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg, plus 1 large egg white
  • 1 container (2.5 ounces) prune puree (1/4 cup)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch-square baking pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang. Set aside.
  2. In a small saucepan, bring an inch of water to a simmer over low heat. Place chocolate and butter in a medium heatproof bowl; set bowl over pan. Stir occasionally until melted. Remove from heat. Immediately whisk in sugar, egg, egg white, prune puree, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
  3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour and cocoa. Stir into chocolate mixture just until incorporated.

4. Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake until top is firm (a toothpick inserted in center will come out with a few moist crumbs), about 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan. Using foil, lift brownies from pan. Peel off foil. Using a serrated knife, cut into 16 squares.

Next ingredient:  Brown sugar

Honored Contributor

Re: SEPTEMBER 2017 RECIPE GAME

APPLE BROWNIES

2/3 cup butter

2 cups BROWN SUGAR

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla

2 cups flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups chopped apples (Granny Smith or McIntosh)

Nuts and Powdered Sugar for garnish

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a 9 X 13" pan.  Cream butter and BROWN SUGAR together.  Add eggs and vanilla; mix.  Add flour, baking powder and salt; mix.  Stir in apples.  Put into pan and bake for 30 minutes or until light brown on top.  Cool and sprinkle with chopped nuts and powdered sugar, if desired.  Cut into squares.

NEXT INGREDIENT .....  LETTUCE

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @Zhills !!

‘DIFFERENT CHEESBURGER SOUP’  Adapted from Grover’s Restaurant, Bflo, NY

Melt  a couple tablespoons butter in a lg. pot

Saute 1-2 large chopped onions till soft and translucent. 

Add ground turkey or beef (about 1-1/2 lbs) and cook it all through

Season meat with pepper and a TINY bit of salt.

Add about a cup of water, a mid size carton of low sodium chicken broth and a heaping tablespoon of Better Than Chicken Boullion. 

If the pot isn't full enough just add more broth.  Funny that they use all chicken base when it is a beef soup recipe!  

Add a full jar of Ragu Cheese Sauce

Optional:  I also added a half jar of Con Queso Cheese Sauce/Medium

Add a small container of half/half (or some light cream)

Mix flour or cornstarch and water and whisk till NO lumps.  This is the thickener.  I have also added Instant Mash Pot flakes to thicken it.

Simmer for a while, then chop ICEBERG lettuce to bite size (it is the only lettuce I use since it keeps the crunch) and chop up Roma tomatoes (I prefer Roma since they have more 'meat' and less seeds and wet junk) Add them both and serve.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/cheeseburger-soup/46957.html

This is the link to the Drive-in, Diners & Dive show that this recipe from Grover’s Restaurant in WNY was featured.  My above recipe was  adapted from this video.

Recipe Notes:

NOT LOW CALORIE but a worthwhile, delicious treat!

Don't skip the iceberg lettuce or tomatoes!  It really 'makes' the soup mimic  a real cheeseburger!!!

Somehow, even leftover, the iceberg lettuce keeps a crunch!

next ingredient:

Rye Flour

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@walker

Who would have 'thunk' that this ingredient (lettuce) would have produced such a yummy recipe??!!!! @RespectLife, Thank you for posting your 'Different Cheesebuger Soup recipe.

Next ingredient-- RYE FLOUR

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vabreeze......no kidding....never expected a soup but this sure sounds good......thank you, @RespectLife!  I will try it this Fall.

NEXT INGREDIENT ... RYE FLOUR

Honored Contributor

@walker

@vabreeze

LOL!  You are welcome and I hope if you try it sometime...you enjoy the soup!

When my family comes back home, it is a must make they always request.  I have seen dozens of Cheeseburger Soup recipes, but they always have potatoes in them (and sometimes carrots/celery).  The Cheeseburgers I eat never have potatoes, carrots or celery!  ha ha

I finally went to the Restaurant that made it on DD&D....must say...mine came out better!  Tee hee!!

Next Ingredient:  Still  Rye Flour

I have some in the pantry I just gotta use up!?

Valued Contributor

@RespectLife

One question...is it an orange jar of Ragu cheese sauce or is it the red one that has all the cheese in it?

Thank you, I am looking forward to making your soup and want to pick up the right one Smiley Happy

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

@rrpell wrote:

@RespectLife

One question...is it an orange jar of Ragu cheese sauce or is it the red one that has all the cheese in it?

Thank you, I am looking forward to making your soup and want to pick up the right one Smiley Happy

@rrpell

It is the orange one.  I find easily at Wegman's and WM

1234.jpg

Valued Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@rrpell wrote:

@RespectLife

@rrpell

It is the orange one.  I find easily at Wegman's and WM

1234.jpg

Thank you @RespectLife Smiley Happy  I'm on the east coast and I bet I can find it at my favorite grocery store,  Market Basket. 

next ingredient:  Rye Flour 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

@RespectLife Here is my recipe for baby food prune brownies! 

IMG_4805.JPG

Secret Ingredient Brownies 

Ingredients:
makes 16 2-inch brownies

3/4 cup oats, measured and then ground into flour (any type of flour will work here)
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp cococa powder (I used half dark chocolate/dutch and half regular)
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sweetener of your choice (sugar in the raw, coconut sugar, or regular ol’ white sugar)*
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup pureed prunes (2 5-oz containers of baby food works perfectly)
1 egg, whisked (or 1 Tbsp ground chia or flax seeds for vegan)
1.5 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted (optional)
1/3 cup chopped dark or semi-sweet chocolate
*If using stevia or other concentrated sweetener, be sure to follow baking directions on the package as a little goes a long way.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray an 8×8″ baking dish thoroughly with cooking spray.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients: oat flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Whisk well and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients: pureed prunes, egg, honey, vanilla extract, oil/butter, and whisk. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined. Fold in chopped chocolate.

Pour into your greased baking dish and bake for 17 – 18 minutes (18 was perfect for mine), or until a toothpick inserted into brownies comes out clean. Let cool before serving, and enjoy with a glass of milk or ice cream!

Note: Because these brownies are so moist and slightly sticky, they may require extra care when slicing them. Chilling them before cutting will make for neater brownies. 😊

Next Ingredient: RYE FLOUR