Stay in Touch
Get sneak previews of special offers & upcoming events delivered to your inbox.
10-06-2019 03:53 PM
my favorite is VERY simple.......i call it apple dews.
i make this often and make sure to have vanilla ice cream handy.
1. Peel and core the apples.
2. Cut each apple into 8 slices each. You can sprinkle with some cinnamon if you desire. I like to do it.
3. Roll each slice of apple into a crescent roll. Add a few of the raisins and/or nuts. Place apples that are wrapped into a buttered 9×13 pan.
4. Melt the butter. Add the sugar and stir.
5. Add vanilla to the butter mixture.
6. Pour the butter/sugar/vanilla mixture over the apple dumplings.
7. Pour the Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Do NOT pour on top of the a dumplings.
8. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with cinnamon if you did not use cinnamon inside on the apples.
10. Best served warm out of the oven.
10-06-2019 04:23 PM
10-06-2019 04:24 PM
5 cored, peeled, and thinly-sliced Granny Smith apples
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
pinch of nutmeg
Mix everything in a 9x9" baking dish and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Leave in oven uncovered a few minutes longer if you want the sauce to thicken.
10-09-2019 10:21 AM
This was posted in last month's Recipe Game. Now that fall has finally arrived in my area, I look forward to trying this, especially now that all kinds of apples are on sale. Although they aren't baked, it appears to be a really tasty applicaction for using 🍎🍎🍎
09-24-2019 09:53 AM
When I have APPLES that aren't that great anymore and I don't want to make applesauce, I make this recipe. I throw it together, excuse me for not giving exact measurements.
Put a decent amount of butter in a pan and let it melt. Add sliced APPLES, brown sugar, maybe 1-2 tbsp lemon juice, about 1/4 cup chopped raisins, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, about 1/2 tsp nutmeg, chopped nuts, and 1 tbsp flour, if you want it to be thicker. Heat till you get the desired consistency you want.
Sometimes, I crumble up cinnamon biscuits and put them in. Or, I place the APPLE mix over the biscuits.
You can put over ice cream or plain pound cake.
QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.
© 1995-2019 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved Trademark Notice