Valued Contributor

SEEKING SIMPLE SLICED BAKED APPLE RECIPE

With fall in the air and apple season here looking for baked sliced apple recipe. Do you have a favorite?

Honored Contributor

Re: SEEKING SIMPLE SLICED BAKED APPLE RECIPE

my favorite is VERY simple.......i call it apple dews.

i make this often and make sure to have vanilla ice cream handy.

APPLE DEWS

• 2 Granny Smith Apples or your favorite tart apple
  • 1/2 Cup Raisins and/or your favorite chopped nuts
  • 2 Cans Crescent Rolls (8 oz each)
  • 2 Sticks Butter
  • 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • Cinnamon
  • 1 Can of Mountain Dew Soda (12 oz)

1. Peel and core the apples.
2. Cut each apple into 8 slices each. You can sprinkle with some cinnamon if you desire. I like to do it.
3. Roll each slice of apple into a crescent roll. Add a few of the raisins and/or nuts. Place apples that are wrapped into a buttered 9×13 pan.
4. Melt the butter. Add the sugar and stir.
5. Add vanilla to the butter mixture.
6. Pour the butter/sugar/vanilla mixture over the apple dumplings.
7. Pour the Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Do NOT pour on top of the a dumplings.
8. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with cinnamon if you did not use cinnamon inside on the apples.

10. Best served warm out of the oven.

"If the camel once gets his nose in the tent, his body will soon follow." - Arab Proverb
Honored Contributor

I like apple crisp...I use mostly oatmeal for the topping with a little flour,butter brown suger and cinnamon.

Respected Contributor

@schmadsquad  

@schmadsquad wrote:

With fall in the air and apple season here looking for baked sliced apple recipe. Do you have a favorite?

You want simple.  I core out middle, full with pat of butter,  sprinkle Brown sugar,  put in microwave dish and bake until apples soft.

Esteemed Contributor

5 cored, peeled, and thinly-sliced Granny Smith apples

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 tsp lemon juice

pinch of nutmeg

Mix everything in a 9x9" baking dish and cover tightly with foil.  Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.  Leave in oven uncovered a few minutes longer if you want the sauce to thicken.

Honored Contributor

I love just a plain old apple crisp with slices of sharp cheddar cheese.  It is especially good cold for breakfast!

Valued Contributor

@schmadsquad 

This was posted in last month's Recipe Game.  Now that fall has finally arrived in my area, I look forward to trying this, especially now that all kinds of apples are on sale.  Although they aren't baked, it appears to be a really tasty applicaction for using 🍎🍎🍎

Trusted Contributor
Coquille

Re: SEPTEMBER 2019 RECIPE GAME

When I have APPLES that aren't that great anymore and I don't want to make applesauce, I make this recipe. I throw it together, excuse me for not giving exact measurements.

Sauteed APPLES

Put a decent amount of butter in a pan and let it melt. Add sliced APPLES, brown sugar, maybe 1-2 tbsp lemon juice, about 1/4 cup chopped raisins, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, about 1/2 tsp nutmeg, chopped nuts, and 1 tbsp flour, if you want it to be thicker. Heat till you get the desired consistency you want. 

Sometimes, I crumble up cinnamon biscuits and put them in. Or, I place the APPLE mix over the biscuits.

You  can put over ice cream or plain pound cake.

Valued Contributor

@deepwaterdotter Thanks for that recipe. It's exactly what I was looking for today. Smiley Happy