Honored Contributor

I spooned this cheese mixture into two small bowls and smoothed the top instead of making a ball.  Served with crackers.  This is a keeper for me.  

2 (8oz) packages of softened cream cheese
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
1/4 to 1/3 pound hard salami cut into small pieces
3 T mayo
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 t salt
1/8 t pepper

Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.  Blend until evenly mixed.  Pour cheese onto sheet of plastic wrap and form into a ball.  Chill for 20 to 30 minutes.  Serve with crackers.

I used sliced spicy salami that I purchased at Trader Joe's and chopped into smaller pieces.  I also did not add the salt because I figured the salami would be salty enough.  I did add white pepper.  

I do not have a stand mixture - used a hand mixer to start with and finished mixing by folding with a spatula.  

Honored Contributor

Re: SALAMI CREAM CHEESE BALL

Sounds perfect for our holiday snack day at work.  I'll be cheap and use some packaged chopped beef.

Respected Contributor

Re: SALAMI CREAM CHEESE BALL

[ Edited ]

The ingredients in the recipe you posted are just about the same as a very good mayo-based mix for corkscrew or shell pasta salad dishes that can be served cold. 

I haven't made one like that in years, but I always think about doing it in the warmer months.