Contributor

David made a drink a couple of weeks ago with ruhbarb and I can't find his recicpe for it . Has anyone seen it?

Esteemed Contributor

@Ppooh  You may be looking for his Strawberry Rhubarb Sweet Tea. You can find it by searching David's recipes on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ppooh 

Ingredients
  • 2 cups frozen, sliced rhubarb
  • 1 cup fresh strawberries (washed, tops removed and cut in half)
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 qt water
  • 12 individual black tea bags
  • 2 qts, plus 3 cups water
  • Mint or basil sprigs for garnish
  • 1 sliced strawberry for each glass served
Preparation

Place rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a heavy bottom sauce pot. Stir together and bring to a boil.

Lower heat to medium and simmer gently until rhubarb begins to fall apart, approximately 15–20 minutes. Add the quart of water and bring to a boil again, remove from heat and add tea bags. Allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes (shorter or longer depending on how you prefer the strength of your tea).

Strain contents into a one-gallon pitcher and allow to drain for at least 5 minutes. Add remaining water and chill for 6–8 hours, or until super cold.

When ready to serve, fill a 16-ounce glass with ice and sliced strawberries, pour tea over. and garnish with a large sprig of basil or mint.

Honored Contributor

As a rhubarb and iced tea lover, I will definitely be trying this recipe.

Contributor

Thank you

Contributor

Thank you..Perfect.

Super Contributor

Nice!  this would be great for a BBQ -  thanks for the idea and the post!  Does anyone have an idea how long it would keep refrigerated?  I'd like to try a batch but it looks like it makes a pretty good sized amount.