Honored Contributor

!.  I like chickpeas - use them often in salads and soups.

2.  The other day, I saw a recipe for roasted chickpeas that sounded good.

3.  I just took a tray out of the oven ...

Easy ... just drain, rinse and dry.  Coat them with olive oil an salt and roast for 30 minutes at 400 degrees (stirring every 10 min.) .  Then coat with your favorite spices. 

This time, I used 1/2 mild curry powder and 1/2 Garam Masala.   I should have added some ground ginger .... maybe next time.

Recipe said great for salads in place of croutons, and in soup.

Sitting here eating them now - pre dinner.  That's in the oven!

Esteemed Contributor

Don't take this too seriously........but you can have my share.  I've tried and tried to find something positive about chickpeas.  (guess good for health)  But they seem tasteless (unless doctored up like you've done) .....like eating the eraser off a pencil.

Happy good health to you

(smile)

Honored Contributor

@fthunt 

How about roasted Brussels Sprouts?

Honored Contributor

Love the roasted chickpea!

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Don't take this too seriously........but you can have my share.  I've tried and tried to find something positive about chickpeas.  (guess good for health)  But they seem tasteless (unless doctored up like you've done) .....like eating the eraser off a pencil.

Happy good health to you

(smile)

@fthunt    That's the way I've always felt about black eyed peas which is sacrilege if you're in the South, especially Texas.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've hated certain veggies until I tasted someone cook them in a way better than I had ever tasted them.