Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Roasted Cauliflower Steaks (Valerie Bertinelli)

I have prepared Cauliflower steaks pan fried, but going to try this recipe for a roasted version. 

Not sure about the raisin topper... what do you like to put on top of cauliflower steaks? Side sauces?

• Level: Easy
  • Total: 40 min
  • Prep: 15 min
  • Cook: 25 min
  • Yield: 4 to 6 servings
  Ingredients

2 heads cauliflower

Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling

Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

2 tablespoons pine nuts

1/4 cup golden raisins

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

1/4 cup fresh parsley, torn

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cut off the cauliflower stems, then place the heads cut-side down and slice into 1/2-inch-thick steaks. Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Transfer to the oven and bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes, flipping after the first 10 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, add the pine nuts to a dry medium saute pan and toast over medium heat until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add the raisins and butter and season with salt. Cook, tossing, until the butter has melted and coats the pine nuts and raisins. Off the heat, stir in the parsley.
  3. Transfer the roasted cauliflower to a serving platter. Pour the pine nut-raisin mixture over the top. Season with salt.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: Roasted Cauliflower Steaks (Valerie Bertinelli)

Just saw this...your post.  Question has she by chance written a vegetarian cookbook?

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Just saw this...your post.  Question has she by chance written a vegetarian cookbook?

@qualitygal - I don't know about the cookbook, maybe someone else here can confirm

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

I've never had cauliflower steaks, it looks delicious.

Respected Contributor

Not sure about the raisin topper but looks like a great recipe.  As you can tell,  I haven't had lunch

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Cauliflower and cabbage steaks are delicious.
Respected Contributor

Looks good

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl   I have made the califlower steaks in the oven roasted and they were delicious.  Just olive oil, a little butter and salt and pepper.  Thanks for the topping idea.  I am going to try it next time.

Esteemed Contributor

I also bake mine. I put nothing on top though. Wouldn't like the raisins either. 

Trusted Contributor

We top ours with S&P and a little grated parmesan.  I wonder about the raisins... the sweetness might be good.  In the fall I roast brussel sprouts and butternut squash and mix together with a light vinaigrette, craisins and pecans.