Honored Contributor

Re: Roasted Brussels Sprouts

[ Edited ]

@KatieB 

It's a store brand .... Best Yet.  It's delicious ... at the moment, I'm dipping spinach/feta periogies in it!

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

Thanks, I don't think we have those stores in the south east (NC).   Wish we did...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t know why, but when roasted they are the most gaseous things ever! My DH calls them fort-balls... lol!  I can tolerate them much better raw-

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 

I'm so glad that I don't have that reaction!   

Only things I have to avoid is anything marked "diet" or "sugar free" .... does a real number on my intestines!

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the recipe @ALRATIBA !  I just made with the maple syrup too. So good!! I used frozen also and added Tempeh "bacon" pieces while roasting. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I do these too and love them with a little drizzled butter.  Roasting doesn't release the "sour" flavor they had when cooking in nwater.  

If you've never tried them, they're surprisingly mild!Smiley Happy

@ECBG  Roasting brings out the natural sugars in vegetables, try carrots.....very sweet.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I do these too and love them with a little drizzled butter.  Roasting doesn't release the "sour" flavor they had when cooking in nwater.  

If you've never tried them, they're surprisingly mild!Smiley Happy

@ECBG  Roasting brings out the natural sugars in vegetables, try carrots.....very sweet.

@panda1234 Aren't they?  Carrots have so much sugar in them they begin to metabolise into sugar in the mouth!

Frequent Contributor

After cooking in the oven, drizzle a mixture of half honey, half sriracha on them. They are sooo good.

Trusted Contributor

Since I saw the recipe here for Brussel Sprouts I bought them and prepared them. I added strips of red pepper, onion and some chopped garlic.  It came out very good and it was a nice change from the usual broccoli and green beans.. Thank you for a good recipe.

Honored Contributor

I was reading in a magazine about roasting Brussels sprouts, thin cuts of green and red cabbage, small pieces of corn cob, and green peppers.

Cover in olive oil, roast in 400 degree oven about 7-10 min each side, chill and pour Balsamic dressing over.