Respected Contributor

Re: Roast Turkey Breast in Cooks Essential 5.3 qt Air Fryer

@wonderfulworld @fthunt @Nightowlz  Didn't know some of you have a Nesco--that should work well.  I have the 18 qt. and the insert buffet, which I'll use for the sides on Thanksgiving.  

I don't have the fan hood.  Guess they no longer make it, since I've never had any luck finding a new or used top online.  It does make wonderful food.  I have used it for roasting turkey, especially in the summer when I don't want to heat up the kitchen.

Respected Contributor

I have had very good luck using my Nesco Roast Air for beef tenderloin on Christmas and turkey on Thanksgiving.

I also have a 6qt original Nesco but can't say I use it. I turn to my Crock Pot instead.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435 wrote:

@wonderfulworld @fthunt @Nightowlz  Didn't know some of you have a Nesco--that should work well.  I have the 18 qt. and the insert buffet, which I'll use for the sides on Thanksgiving.  

I don't have the fan hood.  Guess they no longer make it, since I've never had any luck finding a new or used top online.  It does make wonderful food.  I have used it for roasting turkey, especially in the summer when I don't want to heat up the kitchen.

@aroc3435

The fan really makes a difference IMO. 

After they stopped making the ones like I have with a fan they made one with the fan in the middle of the lid on one side which gets in the way if the turkey is too big. I don't know why they stopped making the ones like I bought.

When they did that I found a new 6 qt lid with fan for about $30 so I bought it. The fan is worth the price IMO. I figure with 3 fans at least 1 should work.

The turkey also cooks faster if you have the fan blowing thru the cavity of the turkey. I usually turn the lid while cooking.

Ebay has a 12 qt with fan for $50 + $30 S&H & a 6qt with fan for $30 + $18 S&H. They also have a fan for $12 + $10 S&H.

Prices not bad but after adding S&H a little high. 

If I did not have one but knew how well they worked I would pay that for one of them.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz   Thank you.  Haven't checked online recently for one to fit my 18 Qt.  You've reminded me to check again.

I came late to the Nesco party but I think it is a great appliance.

I used to be a member of an online Nesco group but something happened and it disbanded--maybe due to the illness of the moderator.  Think it was a Yahoo group.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Here in DC it is supposed to be the coldest one since 1996.

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Nightowlz   Thank you.  Haven't checked online recently for one to fit my 18 Qt.  You've reminded me to check again.

I came late to the Nesco party but I think it is a great appliance.

I used to be a member of an online Nesco group but something happened and it disbanded--maybe due to the illness of the moderator.  Think it was a Yahoo group.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Here in DC it is supposed to be the coldest one since 1996.

@aroc3435

Happy Thanksgiving!!! It's nice here this week. Suppose to have another front move in Sun with rain & cold. Next week will be a complete opposite of this week. It's been nice & sunny.