Respected Contributor

Riced cauliflower bites

[ Edited ]

I'd try this as a potential appetizer  if I could find a frozen package of riced cauliflower.  Has anyone actually seen this product?

RICED CAULIFLOWER BITES

Heat oven to 400 degrees

Drain 1 thawed 12-oz. package frozen riced cauliflower

Melt 2 tablespoons butter.

Add butter to 6-oz. package of stuffing mix for chicken along, with one-and-a-half cups hot water.

Stir just until stuffing mix is moistened.

Add cauliflower, one-and-one-half cups shredded cheddar cheeese, two beaten eggs and two sliced green onions.

Shape into 30 (2-inch) balls.

Place on foil-covered rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.  (I would use Reynolds Nonstick Aluminum Foil, my new favorite product)

Bake 18-20 minutes or unti heated through and lightly browned.

MAKES 10 SERVINGS

Respected Contributor

Re: Stove-top riced cauliflower bites

Usually sold in a bag in the frozen section, available at Kroger's & other grocery stores. Search riced cauliflower on grocery stores websites, lots of brands & easy to find.

Respected Contributor

i've seen fresh cauli riced like that. veggie section where all the pre-chopped diced vegs are.

what is the benefit from adding the cauli?  not much of a flavor adder. the stuffing balls sound pretty good. interested to hear how they turn out.

Super Contributor

Yes I have found riced cauliflower in the freezer section at Walmart.  Hope this helps.

Mint

Honored Contributor

Yes I’ve seen both fresh and frozen. 

Ive used the fresh from the bagged salad section to add to salads.

I go to either Walmart or Reasors so that’s where I would have seen them.

Respected Contributor

Re: Riced cauliflower bites

[ Edited ]

Thanks,folks. 

Cauliflower, along with many other vegetables that I like, is not used in our house because it is on the list of foods that DH should not eat much of.  It's in the same family of foods as broccoli, spinach, brussels sprouts, and so on, which users of blood thinner drugs should eat very moderately if at all.

Drives me nuts. 

I'm happy to know that riced cauliflower is easy to find.  Never have looked for or seen it.  

Honored Contributor

Funny, I'm on warfarin and they encourage me to eat spinach and other greens.  You just have to be consistent and they adjust your med dosage to your diet.  Personally, I couldn't stand the riced cauliflower and I like cauliflower.  I actually threw it out.  This stuffing recipe might be tolerable.  

Trusted Contributor

@novamc1  I buy it all the time.  It's in the frozen veggie section.  Birdseye and Green Giant each have their own brands.