Esteemed Contributor

Regarding: Do you still cook?

If you do not cook, what do you eat?  Enlighten me!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Regarding: Do you still cook?

Yes I still cook, but I try to cook meals that are easier and faster to make.   

Honored Contributor

One of my friends doesn't cook - breakfast is cereal.

Otherwise .... 

She orders all her meals from local restaurants.  

Respected Contributor

I do simple...fresh fish baked in the oven or a deli chicken with easy sides like non fat cottage cheese, salad & microwave steam in bag frozen veggies, my favorite right now is Green Giant cauliflower risotto with mushrooms & asparagus. The only time I cook is for the Holidays, then I go all out even if it's just for me.

Honored Contributor

I'm guessing, if someone doesn't cook they may pull some things together that don't really require cooking per se, or they buy premade foods.  Some options are:

Frozen entrees

Deli meats & cheeses

Fruits and veggies that can be eaten raw

Salad

Tuna salad 

Egg salad 

Cereal

Yogurt

Order from a restaurant 

Meal delivery service 

Random junk food 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cook about once a week and make enough for two days. Usually beef, chicken or pasta. We don't eat fish of any kind. We usually go out on the weekend and have leftovers so that's another 2 days. The other 3 are whatever. Sandwiches, TV dinners, salad, soup, whatever.

Respected Contributor

I cook every day.  I also cook a meat and eat it for several days around different rice, vegetables and/or salads.

I just had company for four days.  This is what I served for dinner each day.

1.  Shrimp Fra Diavolo

2. Paella (DH cooks this one)

3.  Pork Tenderloin in tomato base with penne

Company is gone now and I am sick of cooking so it is leftovers from dinner tonite.  I don't normally cook such elaborate meals but this company was special.

I also did the tourist thing in my city, a hike, city tour and trip to Peggy's Cove.
 Now I need a vacation 😊.  LM

Respected Contributor

Yes I still cook, but not everyday... When I make something I make sure it's enough so I can freeze some..

Respected Contributor

After years of working part time as an independent contractor while raising my children ad taking care of my ill parents, I took a full time job about 4 years ago.  DH decided to start his own business so I took a full time job for health insurance benefits.  Since DH works from home, he does most of the cooking.  When he does not cook we get take out - usually one to three times per week. 

Honored Contributor

I cook most the week--just me and DD now so thats easy--we have a protein, carb, veggies,&  fruit,  most dinners. Today I am using the crockpot and cooking spare ribs as per my moms recipe. I am trying not to eat so many carbs so I will have a salad, DD likes rice. I use my airfryer, instant pot p/c and crockpot. We do order out at least 2x a week. We like breakfast for dinner too. I shop weekly as I have a tiny kitchen and refer. I usually eat what leftovers we have for a small lunch if there is any left,  as DD takes those for her lunch the next day. I mostly fix smoothies in the a.m.