Honored Contributor

Saw her put together some mashed potatoes today.  They probably would be good, but fattening to beat the band.  Holy smokes, 2 sticks of butter, real cream, cream cheese and the potatoes!!!  Whoa....................

Honored Contributor

From most of the shows I have seen that is the way she always cooks.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal  My taste buds are salivating while my carotid artery is screaming NOOOOooooo! 

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal 

I enjoy watching her preparations, but I could/would never eat or cook that way.

Maybe they work off all those calories, but it wouldn't be a good look on me Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

Watching Ree Drummond cook, I always bear in mind she’s a farmers wife, and cooking for a farm family who puts in 10-14 hour days of hard, sweaty, physical labor.  

Ree’s husband Ladd, his brother Tim, father Chuck, and their hired help need the protein, fat and calories to fuel their bodies and do what they do every day.   None of the men are what I would consider overweight.   

Honored Contributor

I don't care for either her or her recipes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't care for either her or her recipes.

Ditto that.   She kind of skeeves me out with that constant 'Joker' smile.  I don't do well with people who are fake.  She comes across, IMO, as extremely fake.

Respected Contributor

I think those would be special occasion potatoes and not something to eat every day.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal  I like PW, but I'm also not cooking for ranchers. My mashed potatoes with some milk, butter and salt are still getting good reviews, so no need to up the calories. Besides, I only make mashed potatoes at holidays, and then there is so much food, I don't want my sides too rich.

Regular Contributor

I enjoy Pioneer Woman and her recipes . I would adjust some of her product ratio .

As some said she cooks for her family and ranch personal  . One can eat as much or less . She is credible and has focused on what is a popular dish/ variety . She is a successful individual . I for one enjoy her . She has a wonderful life and family . No one has a perfect life ...... do you ??