Honored Contributor

I used to get recipes from FB occasionally, but now I find when I do that I start getting endless spam ads, so I don't even try to go there anymore. It just fills your computer up with trash.

Honored Contributor

I prefer to go directly to a website than to wrestle my way around FB.

D@mn Delicious dot net is another good website I found through FB

Lots of Instant Pot recipes there, but all kinds of good, simple recipes.

I feel the same way about Pinterest, which for the most part gets on my last nerve but I'd rather navigate directly to a website instead of clicking through ads.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 - I agree!  I now steer clear of FB recipes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Recipes from facebook

[ Edited ]

Just a simple caution about clicking on Facebook recipes, ads, etc..   Unless you've actually "liked" the site's Facebook page and are seeing the posts directly from their Facebook account, most of the posts are "clickbait" or the occasional "like-farming."   Those links collect even more of your personal data than just the usual Facebook data mining, and sometimes clicking on them can generate spam or access malicious software.   

Best bet is to copy the recipe name (or store name if it's a shopping promotion), go to your search engine of choice, plug in the recipe name (or store name) there, and find the website directly.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo, Thank You!!!!

Honored Contributor

One of the best places I find recipes is Pinerest.  Just type in the name or key words and you get hundreds of recipes.  

I also like Tasty Kitchen, this site is regular folks recipes and the ones I have made are very good and does not have a lot of ingrediants that you have to buy special and not use again.

My other sources are Pioneer Woman, Trisha Yearwood and Paula Deen.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@drizzellla, I've found that we need to keep clicking from one page to the next (on and on) to finally get to a recipe. And in the meantime, we put up with ads after more ads. I've stopped clicking on some wonderful looking recipes on Facebook for that reason. It slows my computer down and takes forever to get to what I'm looking for!

^This.  On many recipes on FB it's like that.  After many many complaints about how the person can keep their !!?? recipe bc they are not clicking through everything - eventually someone copies and pastes it!!