Honored Contributor

Re: Recipes for a Different Kind of Chicken Breast ?

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Bangor wrote:

ECBG: Just wanting to check that you cook chicken for 2 and 1/2 hours at 350 degrees? Thanks. Just seems a long time for chicken tenders.

@ECBG @Bangor  You need to use the @ sign to page someone. Hope she will get back to you.

@proudlyfromNJ 

I would turn back tenders to 1 hr, 45 min.  The gravy still needs to be developed. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The raw frozen chicken tenders that I posted a picture of earlier  require  oven cooking of  just under 30 minutes at 450 degrees to reach the "done" temp of  165 degrees.

I would save long-cooking or slow-cooking  in  liquid (braising) for chicken thighs or some fattier cut of meat. 

Cream soup gravy could taste great course, but won't get much flavor help from overcooked lean white meat chicken tenders.  Maybe prepare gravy separately in a saucepan?

Honored Contributor

I am not a great cook however - there is no way that chicken tenders should bake for 2 hours. Smiley Surprised

Super Contributor

I made the Marry Me chicken from Pinterest a week ago and it was excellent.  It uses sun dried tomatoes, which I had and other pantry supplies.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

How about Chicken Cordon Bleu?