Respected Contributor

I just discovered this website.  There's a page of photos of finished dishes, just click on any one that piques your interest for the recipe.  So far, I've downloaded one for Easy Peach Cobbler and Georgia Peach Bourbon.

P.S.  This might be a duplicate.  I tried earlier, but it didn't seem to come through.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Re: Recipes for Fresh Peaches

Thank you for the website link. I love fresh juicy peaches.  Unfortunately I bought some Georgia peaches a few days ago and all of them were dry and pithy.  Had to throw them away.  They sure looked good on the outside!

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

Thank you for the website link. I love fresh juicy peaches.  Unfortunately I bought some Georgia peaches a few days ago and all of them were dry and pithy.  Had to throw them away.  They sure looked good on the outside!

Ooh, I hate to hear this--what a disappointment that must have been!  DH and I were planning to load up on Georgia peaches in just a few days.  I wonder if it was a bad Summer for them?  

Honored Contributor

This is no joke - I've been buying fresh peaches at Aldi's this summer.  They sell them by a bag of about 8 peaches in them for if I recall $3.99.  First bag a few weeks ago were yellow ones.  I am really skeptical on buying peaches anywhere let alone Aldi's (which is where I shop ALL the time). Thought I'd give them a try, not a bad price either.

I have a fabulous summer salad recipe which I'll post below.  I made this salad and WOW it was SO freaking tasty we talked about it for days later!!!  First I decided to wash them really good and not peel them.  Cut them all around (like an avocado) twisted them and they came apart so easily (just like an avo). I was amazed! The pit popped right out, sliced them up, I tried a slice from each peach and was BLOWN AWAY at the sweet juiciness of every one of them!!!  It's been YEARS since I've had peaches this darn good!!!  Was at Aldi's again last week and bought another bag.  I could easily tell they were white ones, same price.  To find white peaches that don't cost an arm & a leg, well I couldn't resist.  Made the same dinner salad last night.  Did the same thing - they were as easy to work with as the yellow ones.  I was a bit disappointed though, I don't think they were quite ripe enough but they worked.  Not pithy, tased good but not quite as sweet.  Salad was still YUMMY!!!

Here it is - try this salad gals, it is a great one for the summer, dinner for sure all by itself as it's meant to be.  This is for two of us so add more as you see fit.

I used 5 smallish peaches

Pan fried (2) chicken thighs (I've used tenderloins too for all white meat if you prefer. We eat both). Seasoned with a little salt, pepper and Mrs Dash chicken seasoning (love all Mrs Dash!) After chicken is done, fork shred it or cut into small pieces. Set aside.

Cut up or tear any type of lettuce/greens you like to use.

Place greens in a row on one side of dinner plate/platter, peaches on the other side. I place my chicken lined down the center. 

Sprinkle with as much crumbled blue cheese as you prefer.

Top with slivered almonds. I've also used pepitas or sunflower seeds too.

A little more salt/pepper as you prefer.

Drizzle with oil & vinegar.

Last night I also added slices of avocaos because I most always have them. Nice addition too. Pretty color too.

Present plates this way and you can mix every together as you eat and enjoy it.

I'm telling you - this is one GREAT summer refreshing salad, filling too.  ENJOY IT!!!

Regular Contributor

I suggest you try Pioneer Woman's Peach Whiskey Barbequed Chicken recipe.  It is really good.  Brown chicken thighs, saute onion, add bottle of BBQ sauce, whiskey, worcestishire sauce, jar of peach preserves, fresh peach slices. bake for 1-1/2 hrs.  I may be leaving something out here -- go to her website.  You will like it!  I am makiing it this weekend with polenta along side.

Honored Contributor

Yum!!! I love peaches. Fresh peaches are not available in our area yet. Should be in the next week or 2. Can't wait. We usually buy 3-5 cases of peaches per season. I love peach smoothies. I use peaches, banana, almond milk, peach yogurt & some Penzey's vanilla extract.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, All, for your replies and suggestions.  We went out today to take advantage of a special delivery.  Our community's response was so exuberant and overwhelming for the daggone things (line went waaaaay down there and around the corner), we bought a bushel of 'em--twice as much as we had planned.   

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the website!  I made the Easy Peach Cobbler" last night for dessert!  Have been using this same recipe for over 30 years! I use sliced peaches in a can when I don't have fresh ones.  Usually save some of the juice and pour it over the cobbler when I take it out of the oven!

One of the grocery stores has fresh peaches on sale this weekend for $.89 a pound so I will be putting up a ton of them!!

Honored Contributor

Today I'll be baking this peach/blueberry pie from Taste of Home.

We've had GINORMOUS peaches available all summer long.  Some of them are as big as baseballs!

Here's the pie recipe if you're interested.

~ house cat ~
Occasional Visitor

Great price on the peaches.  They are $1.69 a pound in our area.  Always looking for new 

peach recipes.  Love them on the grill too.  Sprinkle with a little brown sugar and butter

where the pit was.  Yummy!