Honored Contributor

Re: Recipes Reminiscent of Autumn

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz 

Your own pecan tree???  The benefits of living in the South!

All the talk about pecans with @Enufstuff , it reminded me of a recipe.

It is for Pecan Pie Bread Pudding and SO good and easy!  I have made it many times now.  My family requests it at every event even in the summer!

Pecan Pie Bread Pudding

This Pecan Pie Bread Pudding has the signature sweet, sticky, crunchy flavor of pecan pie married into a delicious dessert or breakfast treat.

• 6 cups Italian or French bread, cubed
  • 2 cups milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 cup sugar    **I use less
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • **I've been know to add a splash of Jim Beam Honey Bourbon

Instructions

1.                  Cube the bread into bite size pieces- it should be a day or two old, not fresh. Place bread in a large bowl. 

2.      Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and white sugar. 

3.      Pour over bread to coat completely; let soak for 10 minutes. **I SOAK FOR AN HOUR.

4.      Pour the bread mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan.  *I USE A 3 QT TEMPTATIONS OVAL BAKER

5.       In a medium bowl, combine corn syrup, brown sugar, and melted butter. 

6.      Pour the butter mixture over the bread and top with pecans. 

7.      Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

8.       SERVE WARM MAYBE WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM OR WHIPPED CREAM

Nutrition

Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 169mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 50g | Vitamin A: 5% | Vitamin C: 0.2% | Calcium: 8.1% | Iron: 6.6%

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Nightowlz 

Your own pecan tree???  The benefits of living in the South!

All the talk about pecans with @Enufstuff , it reminded me of a recipe.

It is for Pecan Pie Bread Pudding and SO good and easy!  I have made it many times now.  My family requests it at every event even in the summer!

Pecan Pie Bread Pudding

This Pecan Pie Bread Pudding has the signature sweet, sticky, crunchy flavor of pecan pie married into a delicious dessert or breakfast treat.

• 6 cups Italian or French bread, cubed
  • 2 cups milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 cup sugar    **I use less
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • **I've been know to add a splash of Jim Beam Honey Bourbon

Instructions

1.                  Cube the bread into bite size pieces- it should be a day or two old, not fresh. Place bread in a large bowl. 

2.      Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and white sugar. 

3.      Pour over bread to coat completely; let soak for 10 minutes. **I SOAK FOR AN HOUR.

4.      Pour the bread mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan.  *I USE A 3 QT TEMPTATIONS OVAL BAKER

5.       In a medium bowl, combine corn syrup, brown sugar, and melted butter. 

6.      Pour the butter mixture over the bread and top with pecans. 

7.      Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

8.       SERVE WARM MAYBE WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM OR WHIPPED CREAM

Nutrition

Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 169mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 50g | Vitamin A: 5% | Vitamin C: 0.2% | Calcium: 8.1% | Iron: 6.6%

@RespectLife 

That's for posting the recipe. I may have to try it some time. We have never at bread pudding.

We lived on Base at Randolph in Tx. There were pecan trees all over the place. One was on the side of our house.

Honored Contributor

Can't think of one recipe as I love so many fall items.

Some of my favorites are:

Comfort foods

Anything pumpkin

Anything apple

Charcutarie boards with cheeses, meats, breads, and fruits

Lattes

Contributor

This recipe sounds great and I'm planning to make it for a group of friends.  Can you tell me approximately what diameter the pumpkin size should be to hold this amount of food?  Also, about how many will this recipe serve?  Thank you so much--I know my friends will love it.

I'm planning to have a pumpkin dinner night, when everything from this pumpkin dinner to my pumpkin bars for dessert will be served.

Respected Contributor

@bbqjudge   A sugar or pie pumpkin of about 8 inches in diameter should be about right.  

If you are using a counter top oven or a roaster oven be sure that the height will be contained comfortably.  No height problem, of course, in a conventional full size oven.

I tend to estimate portions on the generous side so I get about four, but I suspect others would get six servings.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Esteemed Contributor

I wait all year for the honey crisp apples 🍎  Yum. I make a ton of applesauce in the crockpot. 🎃🍁🍂🍎

Contributor

@aroc3435

Thanks for the quick response.  and the good information.  I'm very much looking forward to making this dinner in a pumpkin.  The ingredients sound very tasty and I know our friends will love it.