Trusted Contributor

@Happy54

Hi, could you save' these recipes in a folder on your PC? Create a Word document folder and call it 'Recipes', then you could periodically just scan the recipe, or type it out, save  and store them on the computer. You also could make a copy of them at a library copier, (free, usually, or very nominal fee. If the copier used can scan and send them to your email, that would be even sweeter.  From the email you would just open the Word document, save it, move it to your personal 'Recipe' folder(s). 

You could have different category recipe folders, for instance, Desserts, Main Dishes, Casseroles, etc.  

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@Happy54  Here is another idea for youD7C0CEDE-5C9D-4DB0-8C71-B96087DBA487.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Recipes Keeper

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

There are some good ideas here.  I'm still using a small recipe box.  It doesn't work well for most recipes printed off the web, so I end up cutting them down and folding so they'll fit.  Awkward.

Use an accordian file, until you can find something easier to use.

They come in all sizes and number of dividers.

They don't take up much room when closed up.

Cheap at Walmart.

@Happy54

Trusted Contributor

I started collecting recipes back when I was a teenager and there was no Internet and very few (and for us, expensive) cookbooks, so our source of new recipes was the Food Section in the local paper.  It is a measure of my recipe addiction that I still keep those clippings in actual file folders in an actual metal file cabinet. 

Now that I've moved into the computer age, I have similar folders organized on my computer with recipes stored in Word files instead of on paper.  The ones I use regularly I print out and keep in a three-ring binder.  I don't use the plastic sleeves since I can easily reprint any recipes that get damaged in the kitchen.

I number the pages by section (as APP-1 or COO-27) so I can easily add new favorites to my Index.