Valued Contributor

I no longer like to cook, but like to browse recipes that are easy.

I gave up cooking magazines because they're not worth it. 

Thanks

Honored Contributor

@frenchie I like allrecipes.com and food.com

Valued Contributor

One of my favorites of many many sites and food bloggers.  

http://www.recipetineats.com/

Esteemed Contributor

The modern age.........you don't have to buy magazines - just go their websites Taste of Home - Good Housekeeping - Woman's Day and on and on.  They have classifications for side dishes - main meals - breads, etc.

Honored Contributor

@BaileyBop I just took a look and that is a good site.What are your favs from there?

Trusted Contributor

I like Taste of Home dot com and have several of their older cookbooks. Most are recipes submitted by women, a few men, with a note about them. A few are from the test kitchen. There are ratings/reviews, too.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Forgot to ask, do you all recommend a pressure cooker? Never had one and like a small one for the two of us. I don't understand if the meat comes out tender, how aren't the vegetables not overdone? Do you add them later?

Regular Contributor

Re: Recipe websites needed

[ Edited ]

@frenchie

I love cooking, and have many recipe sites bookmarked. Some sites tend to have more i

ntricate recipes;but if you do not like cooking, here are some EASIER recipe sites that I like. Btw, I prefer sites with recipe ratings or at least comments.

Easiest recipes:

-Allrecipes.com

-Food.com

(this used to be RecipeZaar many years ago - a site I LOVED. Food.com is not as fun an atmosphere as RZ was, but many of the same people post and share recipes there. It is my 2nd favorite EASY recipe site).

-Foodnetwork.com

This is Food Channel's site. It is a great site if you like Food Channel's shows/recipes.

-Delish.com

Handsdown, DELISH is my #1 go to easy recipe site!!

O M.G This is Recipe HEAVEN! LOL It is not just a recipe site. It is a recipe experience! 

I LOVEthis site! Great recipes that are easy to make! The EASIEST way to navigate this treasure trove of a site, is to use the search bar at the top right. Plug in whatever food category you crave and prepare to be amazed! Lol Seriously, try it! I just plugged in Mexican and wow! A ton of categories popped up. It pulls mexican recipes from its site, other recipe sites, blog recipes, etc!  Plug in pasta, or chicken, or stew, or appetizers, or vegetarian, etc etc.AMAZING results!

Moderate Ease (but really good!)

Epicurious.com

FoodandWine.com

BonAppetite.com

Saveur.com (great salad ideas, but all categories are exceptional as well!)

QUIRKY, NERDY, BUT EASY & FUN!

-SeriousEats.com

Part science, part cooking technique lesson, and 100% interesting FUN! I love this site because it explains how to make recipes the best they can be! Most are healthy, and some less so -- BUT they are always interesting to read about! The recipes I have tried, have all been super yummy! I use this site for many comfort food type fare: stews, sandwiches, mac n cheese, pizza, etc. 

Moderate to Involved, but SO worth it!!

-Cooking.NewYorkTimes.com

I love this site. Every recipe has been spectacular, and there are some easy ones! None have been very difficult.

Food Blog Recipe sites

- Once Upon A Chef (AMAZING spicy, ethnic recipes, among other things! Everything she makes is divine, and I have tried many of her recipes! Her baking dessert recipes....OH WOW, YUM!!)

-Damned Delicious

-Chowhound

Cookies, Cakes, Dessert Breads, etc *easy to make and soooooo good!*

blogs:

-Once Upon A Chef ....my favorite recipe blog for savory or dessert!

-SimplyRecipes.com ...Delicious, wholesome, beautiful, and easy to bake! I LOVE this site. The Blackberry Muffin recipe alone is reason enough for me to want to stop low carb'ing! Guests RAVE about these, and they always think they are from a high end bakery! LOL I have made them with blackberry, as well as combos of berries (blue, rasp, and black). SO freaking gooooooood!!! And healthy!

- Cafe Delites ....baked goodies are so delicious, but so is everything else on this site! The recipes are easy.

Baking recipe sites:

-Allrecipes, Food.com, Foodnetwork.com, Delish.com

-KingArthurFlour.com (cookies, PIES, cakes, etc....all YUM!)

I hope the above gives you some inspiration to discover cooking again! Smiley Happy

If you like cookbooks (I have too many to list!), may I suggest a VERY easy, yet wonderful one? It is the OLD "365 Ways to Cook Chicken". It has simple, short easy to find ingredient list. The recipes, are delicious and easy to prepare. It is a great way to ease back into cooking! You can find it on amazon.

If you like to grill, I HIGHLY recommend Bobby Flays two cookbooks:

-Boy Meets Grill, and

-Boy Gets Grill.

Itos THE recipe book we go to when summer entertaining. The recipes are so flavorful and incredibly delish!!

IF you prefer cooking without following a recipe (or for anyone wjo loves to create their own recipes!), get this book! It will change your life!

download (2).jpg

It teaches you how to pair flavors to bring out the most in your spice rubs, sauces, seasonings, glazes, etc. Get the basic one (they also have a vegetarian one, but I cannot give you my opinion of it, as I do not own that one). My own copy of the Food Bible is at a gf's house.....she has had it now for 4 months! LOL Everytime I ask for it, she forgets to bring it....yeah, sure. Lol I think I will gift her that one, and just buy a new one. sigh. It really is THAT great a resource in the kitchen!! And it is fun to test pairings that may seem.....different. They really do come out great!

Have FUN rediscovering cooking! And don't forget to search youtube! They have great recipes, or at least watch them to learn techniques! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

PINTEREST!

so many recipes.....so little time.

so easy to create your online scrapbook and organize the ones that appeal to you.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein