Respected Contributor

What is the whole thing of celery called ?

Respected Contributor

I really did get a lot of ethnic recipe's from Church Cookbook. And turned out to very del-ious !!Especiall the Chicken Paplikas , I amde it for Christmas last year and it was abig hit with both of us.And my husband said as I showed it to him at  a bazaar , "You never use any of the cookbooks " I just hate when he says things like that he isn't in the kitchen with me. EVER!!!

Respected Contributor

Yes I agree, Bake!! Very Very helpful. I just crack-up laughing. 

Respected Contributor

I heard a new one the other day The women said add a soup spoon of water. What ?

Respected Contributor

It all depends what your making, and that way your not wasting. I've had some of my recipe's turn out even better dueto mistakes.  Sometimes you can add more liquid and double the recipe.

Respected Contributor

Try not to stress over cooking. And build your confidence that way. I use to cry when I started to cook as a new bride.Which was nuts on my part, because I did almost all the cooking as a kid, I started at around 5 years old. But my new husband made me nervous. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

What is the whole thing of celery called ?

By most definitions, a whole head of celery is a stalk and a single “stick” from the stalk is a rib.

Some dictionaries use the accurate but clunky term “leafstalk” for a single rib.

Boy, I would have flunked that test question!

Speaking of soup...It comes in different sizes of cans and is condensed or ready to eat!  Or if you prefer, you can get it in a microwave proof 'bowl', ready to eat!  Don't forget the dry packages also.  

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I get confused when the recipe calls for a can of creamed soup. Like a can of cream of mushroom soup. Do you also add a can of milk to thin it out like if you were  going to eat the soup itself or just the can of thick soup, no milk added.

@shaggygirlWhen you see this type of direction, it's without the water or milk.  If liquids were added it should read "One can of mushroom soup mixed with an equal amount of milk.".Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I love the recipe reviews that say,

LOVE the recipe, made a few minor changes -

used 3 eggs instead of one

used cracker crumbs instead of seasoned bread crumbs

used half and half instead of whole milk

omitted the onions, added jalapeno peppers instead

used ground turkey instead of ground beef

used chili sauce instead of catsup

sprinkled with garlic salt and paprika

baked at 425 instead of 375

meat loaf turned out perfectly !   Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recipe "pet peeve!"

[ Edited ]

I have not always been so lucky!  

This one does sound good.  I usually follow a recipe the 1st time, then improvise, if I want to, the following times!  Works for me!