Trusted Contributor

Re: Recipe for pot luck dinner at work

Watergate salad is a favorite of mine and I forgot all about it. All my colleagues are OLD, just like me.
Trusted Contributor

Hi kachina624,
I made your recipe. It was easy. My husband made a big hole in the container overnight. 😄
Trusted Contributor

Sooner, should I have drained the tomatoes or not? I'm baking it now but it seemed like I didn't have enough chicken mixture to go across two layers in my 13x9 casserole dish.
Esteemed Contributor

Watergate Salad (or pistacchio) is good....doesn't matter if people remember Watergate or not, it's the great flavor of the pistacchio pudding that is so good! I suppose some of the younger group would frown on it for the Cool Whip, but the ones in my family love it when someone makes it.

Trusted Contributor

Jannabelle, why does it offend a younger person to have cool whip in a dessert? I've read that comment a few times now.
Valued Contributor

Re: ouRe: Recipe for pot luck dinner at work

@Kachina624 wrote:

This recipe served me through 32 years of office pot luck luncheons.  Its inexpensive and quick and easy to make.  You can whip it together in 5 minutes.  I always served it in a pretty glass bowl.  There was never, in all those years, even a smidgen left at the end of the day.  Nobody knows what's in it.

Orange Dump Salad

1 (16 oz) carton cottage cheese, drained 

1 3 oz pkg. orange gelatin

1 15 oz can crush pineapple, drained

1 11 oz can Mandaran oranges, drained

1 4 1/2 oz carton Cool Whip

Spoon cottage cheese into large bowl.  Mix in gelatin. Add drained fruits and mix well.  Fold in Cool Whip.  Chill well.  Keeps well in fridge for 3 - 4 days, if you can leave it alone.  Makes 6 - 8 servings.

Original recipe from

Houston Chronicle

Made it for our Holiday meal at our local Senior Center and it was really good and everyone loved it!  Some people even took extra home.  Thanks for sharing @Kachina624.

Honored Contributor

Re: ouRe: Recipe for pot luck dinner at work

@coconut1818.  I'm  so pleased you enjoyed it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment