Respected Contributor

Recipe Swap Shortcut Recipe for Large Crescent Roll Cinnamon Bun

[ Edited ]

A friend of mine is looking for a recipe.  She described it like this:

"  .  .  .  Recipe Swap around Christmas for posters to tell their favorite cheat /shortcut for entertaining. One poster said she would buy several tubes of Crescent cinnamon rolls with the Orange icing. She would unroll all of them and roll into a giant cinnamon bun for brunch and add some orange zest over all."

If you have this recipe, could you share it?

Super Contributor

Re: Recipe Swap Shortcut Recipe for Large Crescent Roll Cinnamon Bun

Found on the Pillsbury site under Giant Cinnamon Roll

Ingredients: 1 can (17.5 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing

Heat oven to 350°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Separate dough into 5 rolls.

Place 1 roll in center of cookie sheet. Unroll remaining 4 rolls into long strips of dough. Loosely coil each strip around roll, cinnamon side in, forming giant cinnamon roll (be sure to replace any cinnamon that falls off).

Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until center is thoroughly baked and edge is deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, remove cover from icing; microwave on Medium (50%) 15 seconds. Drizzle icing over warm cinnamon roll. Cut into 6 wedges; serve warm.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not the recipe you are looking for, but these are great options.

I buy and keep frozen bread dough in my freezer as a staple.  Besides using it for making rolls and bread, I thaw it out, roll it into a rectangle, smear with lots of butter,  brown sugar, cinnamon, nuts or raisins.  Then I roll up the dough into a log and cut into pieces 2.5 to 3 inches thick and lay them flat side down in a round cake pan and bake. Easy easy breakfast rolls.

I also break off pieces of thawed dough and roll it into 1 inch balls, dip in melted butter and cinnamon sugar and place them in a bunt pan...bake...really easy monkey bread.

Here is another shortcut.

CDB02390-C330-4D91-A881-A47824D163B9.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie 

I have made that before. My sister made it when we visited for dessert. She used a can of frosting for the top. She melted it in the microwave & poured it on.

It's pretty good & so easy to make.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie What a good idea for the frozen bread. I wouldn't have thought of that. The eclair recipe also has been saved. Thanks.