Honored Contributor

Received my Taste of Home Cookbook Trio today!

I received my Taste of Home cookbook trio today. I'm so happy with them.    I'll post a couple of recipes asap.

Did anyone else purchase these books?

IMG_0425.JPG

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Received my Taste of Home Cookbook Trio today!

I use to subscribe to Taste Of Home Magazine and loved it.

Now I just visit their website where all of their recipes are listed.

I have way too many cookbooks and cooking magazines and don't have more room for any more.

Enjoy your cookbooks

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

I understand. I have very limited space, so I'm selective about which cookbooks I keep.  Basically,  I only have the few vintage ones I purchased and those I use often.  All together, I don't even have two dozen, but I love them all... with the exception of Ina's latest book. I bought it on a whim, but I've never opened it. If I'm not tempted to open it soon it's going to be donated.  

This is my entire collection, with the exception of the Betty Crocker kids' book that's on its way to me and the three little ones I just received.  I have to get rid of Paula's book, since I can't remember the last time I ever referred to it.

IMG_0426.JPG

Oops.. not true... there's this one that I use often. It was out this week because I baked up a bunch of muffins for my coworkers.

IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

~ house cat ~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@Carmie 

I understand. I have very limited space, so I'm selective about which cookbooks I keep.  Basically,  I only have the few vintage ones I purchased and those I use often.  All together, I don't even have two dozen, but I love them all... with the exception of Ina's latest book. I bought it on a whim, but I've never opened it. If I'm not tempted to open it soon it's going to be donated.  

This is my entire collection, with the exception of the Betty Crocker kids' book that's on its way to me and the three little ones I just received.  I have to get rid of Paula's book, since I can't remember the last time I ever referred to it.

IMG_0426.JPG

Oops.. not true... there's this one that I use often. It was out this week because I baked up a bunch of muffins for my coworkers.

IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

@house_cat 

Yum Muffins. Just made blueberry muffins Mon.

I need that 1001 muffins cookbook.

What kind of muffins did you make?

Since I found the blueberry muffin recipe here & found a banana muffin recipe online we really like doubt we will ever switch.

Respected Contributor

@house_catIn your pic of recipe books, I see "The Big Book of Bisquick."  How do you like that one?  I'm thinking of ordering it on Amazon.  Thanks!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Ironically, with 1001 muffin recipes in that book, I wound up making up my own recipe.  I made a plain muffin recipe, swirled in some cinnamon sugar throughout and topped it with a cinnamon streusel topping.  They were delicious.  I had planned on making cinnamon raisin muffins from the book, but all four of my coworkers said they don't like raisins! What?!  I love them. It's a good thing I asked first.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@spent2much 

It's a very good book. I don't make those recipes very often anymore, but it's a keeper. I would recommend it.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Enjoy!  I used to read cook books cover to cover.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@Nightowlz 

Ironically, with 1001 muffin recipes in that book, I wound up making up my own recipe.  I made a plain muffin recipe, swirled in some cinnamon sugar throughout and topped it with a cinnamon streusel topping.  They were delicious.  I had planned on making cinnamon raisin muffins from the book, but all four of my coworkers said they don't like raisins! What?!  I love them. It's a good thing I asked first.

@house_cat 

I don't like raisins either. I guess the golden raisins are better.

I ordered the muffin cookbook off Ebay for about $5. It's used but said in very good condition.

Cinnamon sugar muffins with streusel topping sounds good.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

You're going to love it! 

It's a treasure trove of recipes and it's so easy on the eyes. Every recipe has a photo.

~ house cat ~