Esteemed Contributor

Rastelli's Are Gobbling Up All the QVC Food Brands

I just saw the Rastelli's demonstrating Stuffin' Gourmet on QVC 2. They also have taken over Perfect Gourmet, Annabelle's Kitchen and Bubba's Q. Not sure if Egg Harbor had a life before Rastelli's owned it, but I think it did, as I recall. What's next?

I guess the main reason I'm uneasy about this is that when they took over Perfect Gourmet, my auto delivery of potstickers went away. Also, I have heard the quality is not what it used to be. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Rastelli's Are Gobbling Up All the QVC Food Brands

That is a lot of company takeovers!  Just looked at a couple Perfect Gourmet potsticker videos and they were all Rastelli people.

Can't remember the name of the girl that was the previous owner / vendor?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123  The Perfect Gourmet rep (and I think the original owner) is Carol Allen. I have seen her on QVC with Perfect Gourmet since the takeover, so I think she has stayed on as a representative.

Honored Contributor

So many of QVC's food offerings are nothing but processed foods.  The sodium content is extremely high and it seems everything has sugar, even foods that you would never suspect.

I know desserts and sweets are not healthy foods, but come on.  Frozen food to be served as an entree or side dish don't need all that added junk.

No wonder Americans are overweight and many people have health issues.  We need to go back to basic good food.

I prefer to make my own food at home.  Sometimes it is inconvenient, but I know what I am eating.

The QVC food is so expensive, but the quality is not there. What a shame.

Honored Contributor

Not sure I completely understand. Has the name of these companies changed, or is it just that the people representing the lines that have changed?

Honored Contributor

the perfect gourmet is from the baltimore area.

from what i have seen, it has not changed hands?

when you look on dun and bradstreet the principle is still CAROL ALLEN.

how do you know it was sold to rastellis?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Rastelli's Food Group has been in food and food management since the 70's.  They own cattle farms, and food brands that include:

Three Jerks Jerky

Bubba's Q

and

Tony Luke's The Real Taste of South Philly

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG  The ownership has changed, but the names are the same.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45  Bizapedia.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@sunshine45  Bizapedia.

not sure if they do or not.....it is a bit confusing.

there are TWO pages.....

one is THE PERFECT GOURMET, LLC (which says it is in maryland and has been for 16 years and nine months, since june 2006, with the principal still listed as CAROL ALLEN.)

one is THE PERFECT GOURMET (which says it is in new jersey and has been in business since april 2006, but also lists a MD address.)

THE PERFECT GOURMET is also not listed on their corporate website.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein