Trusted Contributor

I got this free from Penzys........but I am not sure how to use it..........Can you help me out with what to do with it............{#emotions_dlg.unsure} Thanks for any recipes..........Kiss

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Respected Contributor

Can you "enlighten" us as to what it is? Is it a flavoring, a spice mix, or ???

Regular Contributor

Forrestwolf: Their catalog usually has some recipes for Raspberry Enlightenment. I remember one recommended putting some in hamburgers. You might try their website for possible other recipes.

It certainly would make a good dessert topping (for ice cream, crepes). It would probably make a nice sauce (with the addition of some brandy or port) for duck, goose, or other dark-meat birds.

Funkyhulagirl: Think something halfway between a jelly and a dessert sauce.

Valued Contributor

I had the same dilemma and found this recipe on their website. I have not tried it yet, but it looks pretty good to me.

Enlightened Pork Chops

Pork chops:
4 5-6 oz pork chops
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp Galena Street Rib Rub

Pasta:
4 oz dry thin spaghetti
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp marjoram (it actually says "marjoran" in the catalog, I'm assuming this is a typo, but just in case it's a new spice I've never heard of ...)
1/4 tsp Turkish oregano
1/4 tsp granulated garlic
1-2 tsp Raspberry Enlightenment

Snap Peas:
2 cups snap peas or pea pods
1/2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp Raspberry Enlightenment
1/4 tsp marjoram
pinch Turkish oregano
dash granulated garlic

Sauce:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup hot sauce (your favorite - we like Frank's)
1-2 tbsp Raspberry Enlightenment
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp granulated garlic

Put a pot with 4 cups water to boil for the pasta. Bring a smaller pot with 2 cups water to a boil for the peas. Have all the spices, RE, olive oil, and a strainer ready. Whisk together the sauce ingredients, set aside. Wash chops, pat dry. Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with Galena Street Rib Rub. The pork chops need about 8 minutes to cook for a standard chop like the one we show. The pasta takes about 7 minutes for thin spaghetti and the peas only 2. Time the pasta cooking to get it done about a minute before the chops. Get the pan or grill top good and hot for the chops. Cook 4-5 minutes per side, flipping once. Add the pasta at the same time as the chops, when done, strain without rinsing, toss with olive oil, sprinkle with spices, cover to keep warm. Cook and drain the peas, toss with oil and spices, then add RE and toss again. Divide between 2 plates. Add RE to pasta, toss to coat, divide between the plates. Spoon a few tablespoons sauce onto the plates in the pork chop spot. Place pork chop on top of sauce, serve with extra sauce on the side.

Serves 2 (very easy to double or quadruple for a party). Prep time: 3 minutes. Cooking time, roughly 10 minutes total.

ps - the editorial comments came from the recipe author, not me.

Honored Contributor

I got that free with an order last year. I made their Grilling Marinade recipe. It was really good. Pic from their site with recipe below. It's pretty much what ours looked like when we made it. I just placed an order on the 31st & forgot to order another jar. This links below have some more recipes using it. If you search Penzeys raspberry enlightenment recipes you will find some recipes.

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/recipes/raspberry_recipes1.html

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/recipes/r-penzeysEnlightenedPork.html

• 3 lb. pork loin roast
  • 1/4 Cup honey
  • 1/4 Cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 Cup RASPBERRY ENLIGHTENMENT
  • 2 TB. red wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp. REGULAR MUSTARD POWDER
  • 1 TB. CRACKED ROSEMARY
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1-2 TB. hot sauce (optional)

Whisk together all of the ingredients until well blended. Add the roast or meat of your choice and marinate for at least 2 hours, turning the meat at least once. Discard the marinade and place the meat on the grill. For pork loin, grill over indirect heat for 20-25 minutes per pound, until the internal temperature reads 165°. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/4/2014 FunkyHulaGirl said:

Can you "enlighten" us as to what it is? Is it a flavoring, a spice mix, or ???

Raspberry Enlightenment
Ingredients: raspberries, sugar, water, tapioca starch, spices, citric acid.

This is an ingredient that you get from Penzy's, and I got it for free when ordering spices from Penzy's.........I am looking to use it as not a sweet, but savory ingredient........Cool I have thought about using it as a topping for meat loaf, much as I have used Jalapeno pepper jelly in the past..........{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Trusted Contributor

Brush it on grilled chicken breasts. Mix in something hot if you like it spicier.

Super Contributor

I used some of mine on ice cream as a topping. I didn't get that inventive!

Super Contributor

Hey wolf, I got the same free jar and I have not used it yet either! Guess I don't feel so bad now. It keeps getting pushed to the back of my cupboard. Thanks for the reminder to get it out! Let us know if you make something with it. (Happy New Year to you!!!{#emotions_dlg.wub})

Trusted Contributor

If you like raspberry vinaigrette, that's where I would start. Homemade vinaigrette is very easy to make and so much better than bottled.

Here's Penzey's recipe:

• 1/2 Cup olive or canola oil
  • 1/4 Cup rice vinegar
  • 2-3 TB. RASPBERRY ENLIGHTENMENT
  • 1 tsp. CALIFORNIA BASIL
  • 1/2 tsp. KOSHER-STYLE FLAKE SALT
  • 1/4 tsp. GRANULATED GARLIC POWDER
  • 1/4 tsp. PENZEYS FRESHLY GROUND PEPPER