Trusted Contributor

Re: RECIPE FOR PORK LOIN IN CROCK POT?

@Nightowlz wrote:

@doxie1 wrote:

or

Put tenderloin in crockpot and top with mixture of !/4 c worchestershire sauce, 1 T yellow mustard, 2 T olive oil, 3 T maple syrup, 1 pkg onion soup mix, 1 -2 T minced garlic and 1/2 c chopped vidalia onions.

Cook on low 4 to 41/2 hours.

or 

tenderloin in crockpot

top with  1/4 c balsamic vinegar, 1 c chicken broth, 3 T soy sauce, 1 T dijon mustard, 1 c chopped sweet onion, 1 - 2 T minced garlic and a sprig of rosemary. Add pepper.

Cook on low for about 5 hours. Take meat out to rest for 10 minutes. Pull out sprig of rosemary. Add cornstarch to thicken gravy.

This works well with center cut porkchops too.

doxie

@doxie1 Thx for the recipes. I can see where the tenderloin would be much better in the crockpot then a pork loin roast. 

Putting pork loin in the crockpot is understandable.  However, putting pork tenderloin in the crockpot is an unnecessary waste of time.  You can roast a tenderloin at 425 for about 25-30 minutes and it will melt in your mouth.  Here's what I do:

Preheat the over to 425.

Spray a 9x13 Pyrex with Pam and out the two pieces of tenerloin next to each other in the Pyrex.  Salt and pepper the tenderloins, then pour the following mixture on top to completely coat:

1 cup ketchup

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/3 cup honey

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

Roast uncovered in 425 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Rest for 10 minutes before carving.  

Respected Contributor

Why are you doing it in the crockpot? It is a good cut of meat that should be roasted in oven. Well, that's how I do it, and it is always tender. I use my own rub of garlic, rosemary, and sage. Sometimes I cut the loin almost in half lengthwise and fill the center with more if the garlic, Rosemary and sage, then close and bake. Partway through cook time, I drizzle with olive oil, and that's it! 

Respected Contributor

I have and do cook pork tenderloin in the oven as well. I do not cook at 425 but I have made good tenderloin in the oven also. The OP was asking about cooking in the crockpot. I have done that as well and gotten some nice gravy and tender pork. I have also cooked center cut porkchops in the crockpot. My crockpot does not heat up the house like my oven does so  in the summer I tends to not use the oven as much.

doxie

Valued Contributor

Here's one I posted a while ago. It's amazingly delicious! Hope this helps!

LoLa

Crock Pot Honey Parmesan Pot Roast
(recipe source: sixsisterfstuff.com)

This was tonight's dinner. It just fell apart. The combination of flavors really work. It's super simple to throw together and a few hours laters.... dig in!

Ingredients:
1 (2-3 pound) boneless pork roast
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup honey
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp dried basil
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place roast in slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.

Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast; serve with gravy. Serve with smashed potatoes or egg noodles. Yum!

Super Contributor

Thanks for you help.

Unfortuantely, I am not lookin for pork TENDERLOIN recipes.  That is a whole different type of pork.  I am looking for LOIN of Pork.

And I do not like BBQ, or shredded.

What I am lookin for is a good old fashioned Roast Pork, which you would service with mashed potatoes and gravy.

Anyone have a recipe for that?  It would be easier if it was a Crock Pot recipe.

Honored Contributor

@qvc chick wrote:

Thanks for you help.

Unfortuantely, I am not lookin for pork TENDERLOIN recipes.  That is a whole different type of pork.  I am looking for LOIN of Pork.

And I do not like BBQ, or shredded.

What I am lookin for is a good old fashioned Roast Pork, which you would service with mashed potatoes and gravy.

Anyone have a recipe for that?  It would be easier if it was a Crock Pot recipe.

@qvc chick Here's a recipe I found on Taste of Home that has a 5 star review. Looks yummy. Hope you like it.

Country-Style Pork Loin with Gravy Recipe

• 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 pounds)
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground mustard
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup cold water
  • Hot mashed potatoes, optional

• 1. Cut pork roast in half. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, onion powder and mustard. Add pork, one portion at a time, and shake to coat.
  • 2. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil over medium-high heat on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour broth over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender. Remove pork and keep warm.
  • 3. For gravy, strain cooking juices and skim fat; pour 2-1/2 cups cooking juices into a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice pork; serve with gravy and mashed potatoes if desired. Yield: 8 servings.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/country-style-pork-loin-with-gravy

p.jpg

Respected Contributor

About 3 lb pork loin-

1 tsp minced garlic

1 package onion soup mix

black pepper

2 cups chicken broth ( I use low sodium)

2 T soy sauce

1 T lemon juice

2 T vegetable oil

Season pork with salt and pepper and brown in the vegetable oil.

Put pork in crockpot

Add garlic, onion soup mix, chicken broth, soy sauce, lemon juice.

Cook on low for 7 -8 hours. Use themometer to check for doneness

Remove pork. Add corn starch if needed to thicken the gravy The pork needs to rest and then it can be sliced and served with gravy and mashed potatoes.

or

2 lb pork loin

can of  cream of mushroom soup

2.4 oz package of  roast gravy mix

1/2 c water

Put pork in crockpot ( do not brown)

Put soup on top

sprinkle gravy mix on top

add water

cook on low for 6 hours

Remove roast and let rest

top with gravy.

You can add either mushrooms or onions to this if you like them.

doxie

Honored Contributor

I do a pork loin roast for every New Years day dinner.  Often I will buy two and tie them together with kitchen yarn because the roast  will be so much more moist.

I love the rub in my old Betty Crocker cookbook.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Rinse pork loin roast and pat dry.

Mix 1 tsp of garlic

1 tsp of sage

1 tsp of marjorum

1 tsp salt

(I use double)

Rub over pork roast and roast fat side up 30 min./lb.

Rest before carving.

I prefer this to grilled pork chops.  It also reheats well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

I do a pork loin roast for every New Years day dinner.  Often I will buy two and tie them together with kitchen yarn because the roast  will be so much more moist.

I love the rub in my old Betty Crocker cookbook.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Rinse pork loin roast and pat dry.

Mix 1 tsp of garlic

1 tsp of sage

1 tsp of marjorum

1 tsp salt

(I use double)

Rub over pork roast and roast fat side up 30 min./lb.

Rest before carving.

I prefer this to grilled pork chops.  It also reheats well.

@ECBG Thx for sharing this sounds yummy. I like that spice rub mixture. Yum!!! I have an old Betty Crocker Cookbook I got back in 1976.

Honored Contributor

@doxie1 wrote:

About 3 lb pork loin-

1 tsp minced garlic

1 package onion soup mix

black pepper

2 cups chicken broth ( I use low sodium)

2 T soy sauce

1 T lemon juice

2 T vegetable oil

Season pork with salt and pepper and brown in the vegetable oil.

Put pork in crockpot

Add garlic, onion soup mix, chicken broth, soy sauce, lemon juice.

Cook on low for 7 -8 hours. Use themometer to check for doneness

Remove pork. Add corn starch if needed to thicken the gravy The pork needs to rest and then it can be sliced and served with gravy and mashed potatoes.

or

2 lb pork loin

can of  cream of mushroom soup

2.4 oz package of  roast gravy mix

1/2 c water

Put pork in crockpot ( do not brown)

Put soup on top

sprinkle gravy mix on top

add water

cook on low for 6 hours

Remove roast and let rest

top with gravy.

You can add either mushrooms or onions to this if you like them.

doxie

@doxie1 Thx for sharing. These also sound yummy & easy to make.